TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Back Pack - Fence Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Backpack
The Hero may now carry an additional three items (one of which may be a Weapon).

Help me understand this

Ok, so a hero can normally carry 4 items. Add the Back Pack, it takes up 1 of the regular item spaces, and can hold 3 items. So a hero could now hold a total of 6 items with the back pack (3 can be weapons) ?

Lets say im a Hero (stop lauging Insane19 ) I have a Monkey Wrench, Meat Clever and a Fence Post in my Back Pack. How many dice do I roll ?
2 normal, 1 for the Monkey Wrench, and 1 for the fence post ? so 4 total ? Basically A hero can use 3 weapons ?

If im Victor I would then roll 7 ?

Does Victor gain his -extra dice per weapon- using the fence post in an adjacent square ? So If Victor is using the fence post

Fence Post
Double Handed
At the end of the Hero's move, they may make a free Combat attack useing the Fence Post against each Zombie in one adjacent space. If a Zombie wins, no wound is caused to the Hero.

COMBAT BONUS:
The Hero rolls an extra Fight Dice.

Does he roll 7 dice for the adjacent square ? I think not, he is only using the Fence Post. He would get 2 normal, 1 for the Combat Bonus and 1 for his ability. So 4 dice when using the fence post in an adjacent square. ?
Don't forget that "double handed" items count as both two items AND two weapons. So you couldn't have those three weapons. (You could still have three "normal" weapons though.)

Ban Fence Post. It's the #1 most ridiculous card in the game. (See other threads about that.) I don't care to try to figure out what the hell it does because it's already stupid.

From the FAQ in the instruction book for HP1:

Quote:Q -With Victor's ability, does he have to use a Hand to gain the extra Fight for it?
A -No. Victor gets to roll an extra Fight Dice for each Hand Weapon he is carrying, regardless of whether or not he actually uses its Combat Bonus.
Hi and Thankz. I really messed that up. I took 1 weapon as 1 weapon in the back pack.

So, ok. You can use 3 weapons with the back pack. and Victor gets his for carring it Zombie21 good to know, but not really Watchmen01

I like all two-handed weapons, especialy the crappy ones. I think chain saws should be two handed Watchmen02
(02-10-2012 05:04 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Ban Fence Post. It's the #1 most ridiculous card in the game. (See other threads about that.) I don't care to try to figure out what the hell it does because it's already stupid.

100% agree!
It does not appear this question was answered.

With the backpack, someone can carry three weapons. Two can be the fence post and the third can be another hand weapon.

Question: Does the third hand weapon's combat bonus work with the fence post? (i.e. Fence post and shovel would allow a zombie to be killed even if no doubles are rolled.)

I am assuming that this is not the case. The special attack of the fence post takes place in the adjacent space and the shovel's affect is for the hero's space (IMO). Please confirm if this is correct.

Now, what happens if the shovel is duct taped to the fence post?
(06-12-2016 05:22 PM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]Question: Does the third hand weapon's combat bonus work with the fence post? (i.e. Fence post and shovel would allow a zombie to be killed even if no doubles are rolled.)

Yes, when the Hero is fighting he gets to stack all of his combat bonuses. He decides which items he wants to involve in the fight keeping in mind that he may have to make break tests on any he includes.

(06-12-2016 05:22 PM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]I am assuming that this is not the case. The special attack of the fence post takes place in the adjacent space and the shovel's affect is for the hero's space (IMO). Please confirm if this is correct.

There is nothing that limits the Shovel's ability to help the hero in any of his combat situations. Remember, that every event and fight in the game is a cinematic sequence, not necessarily an instantaneous event. It can play out however you can see it in your mind. We can't say for sure what was included in his fence post attack. There could have been a shovel in there somewhere. It happened so fast I wasn't sure what I saw. Watchmen02

(06-12-2016 05:22 PM)August700212 Wrote: [ -> ]Now, what happens if the shovel is duct taped to the fence post?

It would become a single double-handed item and follow the normal rules for Duct Tape in the SotF rules for combining items.
Had the fence post for the first time the other day. Pretty amazing weapon. But in terms of wound prevention, is it any time the fence post is used? Seems a little OP. Also if a zombie wins a fight against a hero with fence post and the wound is prevented by it, would the zombie player still get experience for the win or only when wounding ?

Only ask because we were playing learn to survive so it was important in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-27-2016 06:02 AM)the_munt Wrote: [ -> ]Had the fence post for the first time the other day. Pretty amazing weapon. But in terms of wound prevention, is it any time the fence post is used? Seems a little OP. Also if a zombie wins a fight against a hero with fence post and the wound is prevented by it, would the zombie player still get experience for the win or only when wounding ?

Only ask because we were playing learn to survive so it was important in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't actually 'prevent' any wounds. No wounds are caused. Experience Points are only given for wounds caused. It can be used at the end of the move phase - imagine the Hero has charged and skewered the Zombie.

Things to remember about this akward/misunderstood/OP Double Handed Weapon :These points apply to the Fence Post being used in the move phase.

1) The Hero still needs doubles to wound the Zombie.

2) The Hero could potentially wound as many Zombies that are in 1 adjacent space.

3) The Zombie doesn't cause any wounds because a Zombie needs to be in the Heroes space to wound him.

'The Fight takes place in the Zombie's space.'
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2524222#2524222 and P. 10 Growing Hunger Rulebook

A Hero must 'Move' to be able to use the Fence Post to attack an adjacent space, even if they don't actually go anywhere.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/2469703#2469703

The Fence Post in the Fight Phase
Just treat it as a regular Weapon. The Fence Post is used normally in the Fight phase. It does not have the adjacent space ability. And yes, the Zombie can eat your brain in the Hero's space and use the Hero's Fence Post as a bench to sit and eat their sweet brain...Zombie13

Quite a clunky weapon really and breaks the Fight mechanic in the game. I still use it though.

Hope this helps, good question Watchmen02
I continue to stand by my response of: get rid of fence post. It's the only way!
Reference URL's