TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: fresh meat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow zombiephiles! I'm a mildly zombie-obsessed father of 3 in the Old Dominion State (Virginia). I have loved zombie movies for a long time and never even knew that zombie board games existed until I came upon a fun but very simple game called "Oh, no! Zombies!". My 3 kids enjoyed playing that with me so much that I started looking around to see what other games were out there and found the amazing Last Night On Earth. I was worried the rules would be too complicated for my younger kids (6 and 9) but they've picked it up easily and it's become our Friday or Saturday night family activity. I haven't been able to schmooze the wife into playing yet but after years of refusing to watch anything with zombies she does watch "The Walking Dead" with me now and she played the Oh, no! Zombies game once so there is still hope for her.

The rest of us are having so much fun with it that I broke down today and ordered the Growing Hunger expansion as well as Hero Pack 1 so we will be doubling our cast of heroes. I'm excited about the new heroes, cards, L boards, scenarios, etc.

I'm also interested in learning about the painting of miniatures. I have never tried it and I'm not sure I have the ability to but I love seeing the postings with the great paint jobs and I'm envious of how great it makes the game look.

Good luck with your zombie (or human) hunting!

Steve (goodcop2000)
Hi, Greeting and Welcome. I live in Maryland, maybe not to far away. There may be local gaming groups near you. I know our group plays near Fair Fax and Chantilly. You might want to check it out. Its called Games Club of Maryland, we also play in VA, DE, PA and NC.

mmmmm Growing Hunger and Hero Pack1 mmmm Good times for sure.

There a plenty of expert painters on the site, who can be very helpful. The only brush i use is for my hair Insane19 Have fun and enjoy some stench
hi there! board games fan is everywhere huh? i recently discovered thematic board games, such as house of betrayal, Arkham, and Mansion of Madness, outside typical trivial ones and monopoly. and i was sad i did not discovered them much sooner during my middle and high school year =[ played magic the gathering!
Welcome to TZG

OD
Greetings goodcop that was a good write up. Glad to hear you crumbled and had to buy more LNoE stuff! Hope you have a good time on here and stick around.
Welcome, kind sir!
Reference URL's