TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: modifying ease with which zombies bust through walls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am wondering if any of you ever make it harder for your zombies to go through walls? It seems to me that it's just too easy.

I'm thinking about adding a house rule that zombies have to use two movements to get through a wall (because naturally a hero might get out of dodge if he saw a zombie ripping his way through the side of a house). So a zombie would start tearing through the wall on one turn, stay perched on the dividing line until then next turn, then be able to move to the other side of the wall. While perched on the dividing line the zombie would be fair game for line of sight reaching either the square it is leaving or the square is it moving toward.

Another option may be to make a zombie roll (maybe a 4+) to try to smash through a wall because half the time it would be stopped by cinder blocks or some other strong material.

One other thing I think might be a nice mod is to place some kind of marker on any wall which has been breached by a zombie so that from that point on heroes are also allowed to used the hole in the wall in addition to the doors of the building. I think that would add some realism to the situation.

Opinions?
Barricade the Windows
Play at any time during the Hero Turn to choose any one building with at least one Hero inside. You may immediately place up to 4 Barricade/Reinforcement markers on the walls of this building.

http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/in...he_Windows

All Zombie movement is halted, and a 5 or 6 is needed to cross the barricade.

For a game aspect. The Zombie are not really coming through the walls. They are coming from every where, through the floor, ceiling, around the corner, in the next room, etc....
Hi goodcop. In the expansion Survival of the Fittest there's rules for barricading walls. Where Zombies have to break through. You can also reinforce the barricades and make them even harder for the undead hordes to smash through. Check it out there's much more stuff in there too http://stores.homestead.com/FlyingFrogPr....bok?no=40
Hope this goes towards what you were thinking of.
nice thinking there, but i dont see how a zombie can have 2 movements, other than using cards, so it might not be fair for the zombie player, as the hero can just stay inside hiding. the survival of the fittest expansion has barricade rule so i suggest you try to read a lil bit about itZombie17
(02-17-2012 01:03 AM)lilvgw Wrote: [ -> ]nice thinking there, but i dont see how a zombie can have 2 movements, other than using cards,

http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/in..._Card_List

Crawling Torso
The Zombie may now move 2 spaces instead of its normal move.
Also, Heroes in the same space as the Zombie must roll a 4 or higher for Movement to be able to move away.
"He's got my ankle!!!"

Recently Dead
The Zombie may move D3+1 spaces instead of their normal move.
"Why are they all looking at me like that? Soooo cold... sooooo hungry... "
Reference URL's