TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: zombie horde!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry if I'm posting too much today but I've got zombies on the mind!

Another variant I've considered (not as the norm but just on a one-game basis here and there) is to auto-spawn zombies and to not have a limit on the total amount of zombies that can be on the board at one time. I just think it would be fun to see WAVES of zombies roaming the scene.

Of course I would have to power the zombies down. At the least I would remove the necessity to roll doubles for a zombie kill and just have the zombies die if they lose a fight. I would have to test to see if that is enough of a counter-balance to the sheer numbers.

I bought a "Bag o'Zombies" (a 100 pack associated with the Zombies! game) when I bought LNOE so I have plenty of undead to fill up the board although I would like to order some additional LNOE zombies also to build up the pool.

Has anyone gone the route of ridiculous amounts of zombies? And if so what rules did you put into place to give the heroes a fighting chance?

Zombie13
Scenario " Taking Back Woodinvale"

Hi, the senario still needs some work. I took the idea from someone else on the site. They origianlly posted the for fun, and I agree

I only have 42 zombies though Zombie13
Like this?
[Image: tumblr_l93ls1JpRv1qclzbi]

There is a scenario in the "Growing Hunger" Expansion that uses all 21 zombies to make a hoard. It uses auto-spawn too. Do you have this expansion? If not, it is worth checking out. Lots of new stuff in there.
hi there, if you make it a rule that you spawn every turn. and some of the new cards in the expansions, have you rolling again at the end of the zombie turn you can have a lot.

we had a game where i was the zombie player, i had auto-spawn on because, we had i think 5 hero players. the senario was escape in the truck. I managed to get all but one of my zombies on the board at one time. I have the 7 red pieces the 14 original and the 14 grave weapon dead pieces, all as regular zombies. thats 34 on the board.

what eventually happend was there were so many bunched up, that the heroes had an easy time mopping up, with shotguns and dynamite. And that gosh darn fire extinguisher, which allows the hero player to put them all in a space he chooses, then boom goes the dynamite.
(02-15-2012 11:03 PM)Spidey NZ Wrote: [ -> ]And that gosh darn fire extinguisher, which allows the hero player to put them all in a space he chooses, then boom goes the dynamite.

Hate That ! Zombie13 !!!! Zombie13 !!!!!! Zombie13 !!!!!!!!!

ohhh did i mention im not a fan of that ? Watchmen02
in many games that i played, zombie auto-spawn + grave weapons = win for zombies. Insane22
(02-15-2012 06:35 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Scenario " Taking Back Woodinvale"

Hi, the senario still needs some work. I took the idea from someone else on the site. They origianlly posted the for fun, and I agree

I only have 42 zombies though Zombie13

@PJON,

Thanks for the reply. Is there supposed to be a link to the scenario you're talking about? Regarding your 42 zombies, an easy way to stock up is the Bag o'Zombies route. Each bag of 100 is about $10 on Amazon.com and you can choose male zombies, female zombies, zombie dogs, or zombie clowns. Unfortunately there are not mixed bags - it's always 100 of the same sculpt. Painting them would add variety, though.

The scale is a little smaller than the LNOE zombies. I guess you can always create a backstory like there was a youth conference in town so all the extra zombies are youngsters. Watchmen02 I'm going to post a comparison photo of the two if I figure out how to do that.
Hi, im mostly computer illiterate. I think this link will work

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...Woodinvale

...zombie clowns....

Im sorta at a loss what to do with all of my Zombies (i know paint them!)

Posted by lilvgw - Yesterday 09:08 PM
in many games that i played, zombie auto-spawn + grave weapons = win for zombies.

Grave Weapons are pretty awesome Watchmen01
what ratio could you have with more than the standard 14 zombies - 8 GWZ per 4 heroes ? There is no standard variant for GWZ and Horde. SO...ok 21 Zombies - 8 can be GWZ. yes ? 42 Zombies - 16 GWZ much love Watchmen02
Balance of 42 Zombies....8 Heroes Insane22
Insane22 84 Zombies - 32 GWZ....16 Heroes Insane22

Stinky, Barby, Rusty, and Speedy, the Zombie pac man coming to eat your brain....wacka wacka

Then go for the Dots

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ence-Chart

Jenny never gets paid in gum, and i never get Zombie Pilliage
(02-17-2012 02:37 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]...Hi, im mostly computer illiterate. I think this link will work

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...Woodinvale

@PJON, thanks for the link. That looks like a fun scenario.
Reference URL's