TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Horde!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everybody! I made up a new scenario after discussing ideas with my friend.

"The Horde"

I know there are a lot of this "type" of scenario and to be quite honest, I didn't realize there were so many. However this is my take on it.

I did test it out and my thoughts on this scenario are at the bottom of the post.

It's recommended that you have all available official Heroes as this is the way the rules were made while designing this scenario, but you can still play without them.

BONUS! I made a little back-round story for the scenario!

It was a quiet day in Woodinvale when something horrible happened. We go to a peaceful house.
KNOCK KNOCK!
“Whose there?” A Peaceful Civilian Wife asked politely.
“URG!” The Zombie replies.
“You sound very awful. Is everything okay?” The Peaceful Civilian Wife fails to look through the peephole and opens the door to a Zombie. The Peaceful Civilian Wife has her face eaten off and turns into a not so Peaceful Civilian Wife Zombie.
“By-golly! There’s a bunch of Zombies out there and they’ve turned my Peaceful Civilian Wife into one of those buggers. It must be THE HORDE I'VE HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT!” A Peaceful Civilian Husband shouts.
“Jeewiz! We better kill at least 40 of them before sunrise or we’ll be toast!” A Peaceful Civilian Kid told the Peaceful Civilian Husband.
Thus the battle for Woodinvale begins.
[Image: thehorde.jpg]

I even created a character from one of my favorite video games ever!
[Image: frankwestl.jpg]

Let me know what you all think and see you guys next time!

*Edit*
Literally just got back from playing this beast of a scenario. It took forever to complete. We started at 7:30 p.m. and got done at 11:00 p.m.! It took about 9 turns for the Hero Player to kill 40 Zombies and we just ended it there. The Zombie player killed only 4 Heroes. I would never play this scenario again, but it was fun. I wouldn't change any of the rules.

*Second Edit*
To all the questions about the rules, notice how I say "all available Heroes and Zombies are in play" that means use all that you have to your disposal.
I like having only the 4 L shape boards, it makes it much more intense and action packed and in reality it's not that crowded because the Heroes were killing machines.
It's a good start, but I think having ALL of the Heroes in play is a bit much. One scenario on the official LnoE page calls for six Heroes on an oversized game board. That might be a less cluttered setup.
Hi, I kinda like it. Its sort of a cracked out version of Die Zombie Die.

I would like to recommend another victory condition. Zombies win if they kill over half the Hero Team. standard zombie victory is 4

Awesome work on the Cards Watchmen02

Ohhh I also think using more than 4 L boards is a good idea, for the Heroes. Less running room the better for Zombies.
"Cheesy One-Liners" FTW! Great work on these. Sounds like a real killfest. With 17 turns and my 12 heroes all on the board, it would take a week for me to finish it, though. Let me know how it plays out when you try it. If the figs were all painted, this would be a beautiful thing to behold.
I like it the way it is. Having more than 4 L boards is a bit too much for me. Also it takes up more room. I think I might change it to where no more than 5 heroes may be in a building at once in order to prevent the Hero player from hording all the Heroes together. I still haven't played it yet, I will tonight. Then I'll make up my mind.
Tick!...Ive missed you over the years. Have you seen Danger Mouse lately ? or Bannana Man ?
I just updated the official post! I added my thoughts on the scenario after I playing it.
by saying all official heroes, do you mean the 8 heroes from the basic game, or including all heroes from the expansions, growing hunger, survival of the fittest and hero pack. How many heroes would you play with?
There's 16 official Heroes (so far)
And you use them all in this scenario? if so, then i suggest using more L-shapes, otherwise the whole board will be cramped. on the other hand, maybe this will be part of the funfactor.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's