TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: The Zombies Weren't Even The Worst Part...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When the world went crazy and the dead started coming back to eat the living, I thought it couldn't get any worse. Turns out I was wrong. With the governments gone we're no longer Americans, just people trying to make it in what used to be America. Sure, Zombies are bad, but the other survivors are even worse. At least Zombies can't shoot you...

3-player scenario

Zombies: Zombies Autospawn, Zombie Horde, Grave Weapons, Always Zombie Heroes

Heroes: Number Counters (8), Hero Card Pool (3), Barricades, Survival Decks, Heroes Replenish

Set the board up as you would in the "All Hallow's Eve II: The Ritual" custom scenario, with the Center of Town board face up. Place 2 Spawning Pits in the center tile. Use the 8 number counters to represent groupings of supplies and place them randomly on the board. Now, here's the interesting part. Form 2 teams of 3 Heroes each. Pick two opposite corners of the board. Both Hero players choose a Safe House on their respective corner which starts Fully Barricaded. The teams start in their safe house and must venture out into the apocalyptic wasteland battling both Zombies and hostile survivors!

Combat between Heroes works just like combat between Heroes and Zombies, and wounds may be ignored with the proper event cards. Any Hero that kills another Hero in a fight may help themselves to any items that Hero was carrying before discarding the rest. Also, if a Hero is holding Supply tokens when killed by a Hero, the surviving hero may take all of them, to the limit of 2 total, and leave the rest on the space where the Hero died.

Heroes may carry no more than 2 Supply tokens at once. For every Supply token a Hero deposits in the safe house, roll a d6. On 1-5, immediately draw a Hero Card for the Hero. On a 6 draw either a Unique Item or a Hero Card.

New Heroes start in their respective safe house with 2 Hero Cards.

Zombies win by killing any 4 Heroes before sundown or by keeping both safe houses Understocked (less than 8 supplies inside).

The Hero Team with the most supplies in their Safe House at sundown wins!

This scenario was inspired by zombie films such as Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and 28 Days Later. The moral is always the same: Zombies can eat you, but the real dangers is ourselves.
I like it. I will give it a try. do Instant kill weapons and cards, still instantly kill heroes?. or wound them.
Do hero fights work exactly the same as zombiefights, (only with the use of skills and multiple dice) for instance, can you run away from a herofight just like you would with a zombie.

Also, with 3 heroes per team, and needing to do search turns to find the supplies, herocards will be a shortage. As you are finding supplies, possible to draw a card with it in the same action? (as in you are stacking up stuff, grabbing what you actually need at that moment, being the drawn card)

Like the idea do, should give it a try. but i think the hero players are underpowered.
I think for longevity "Instant Kill" cards would only count for a wound when used against an enemy Hero. My friends and I always play with the Survival and Grave Weapon Decks, Barricades, Always Zombie Heroes, Heroes Replenish, Zombie Horde, and (if we feel like playing on Easy mode) Well-Stocked Buildings.

Hero combat would work exactly the same way as combat with Zombies. Maybe replacing any instant kill Combat Bonus- Chainsaw's, for example, with "The Hero rolls an extra fight die" (only when used against enemy Heroes). Event cards played against Heroes simply replaces the word "Zombie" with "Hero", again ignoring any Instant Kills.

The supplies work the exact same way as they do in the Supply Run scenario, except you use all 8 number counters. The two Hero teams share a deck and a discard pile. Also, giving every character an additional wound, plus, say, 2 random cards to start might tip the scales a bit. This is all theoretical, as this new scenario has yet to be tested.
Hi, Me likey Watchmen02

Im a big fan of Hero vs Hero vs Zombies

mmmmmm....... I still think an instant kill, aka meat clever, chainsaw, sledge hammer should work just as they work. It can be scarey for both sides that way Watchmen02
Realistically, those weapons should be instant kills, true. I guess I sometimes think of the Wound markers as Luck markers. How would a zombie wound someone without infecting them? I almost imagine that each Hero only has a couple "close calls" before finally kicking the bucket, ya know? That might be enough to shrug off instant kills, yeah?
(02-23-2012 10:53 AM)victor.w Wrote: [ -> ]Realistically, those weapons should be instant kills, true. I guess I sometimes think of the Wound markers as Luck markers. How would a zombie wound someone without infecting them? I almost imagine that each Hero only has a couple "close calls" before finally kicking the bucket, ya know? That might be enough to shrug off instant kills, yeah?

Kill or be killed....make yah think twice about what your gonna do. I mean If I attacked someone, who had a baseball bat and meat clever, with my chainsaw. Someone gonna get hurt, and it wont be just a scratch, or could it ?
Good idea for the scenario and I must say that I'm with PJON here. Instant kill is instant kill. It will have your heroes think twice before they go but heads. You should however put something in it that will force them to encounter eachother.
For example something that counts as 2 supplies. Something wich is in the deck wich is realy important for survival. Not sure what supplies are all in the deck but I'm sure there is something wich is rare.
So that would make heroes go hunt eachother when they have stuff they want to steal.

What happens when a hero gets killed when he carries stuff?
Drops on the spot he got killed seems obvious right?

As for turns. When you make the game to long the zombies will win eventually.

By the way... + 1 rep for your scenario sprea Watchmen02
Just for instant kills, if you have 7 players for example in your scenario. So one gets instantly killed second or 3rd turn. they are sitting out for the rest of the game. I guess its the lenient zombie player inside of me calling out. Watchmen02
I updated the first post to list the rules I would use for this scenario, as well as explaining some of the finer points of play. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I'm really glad you guys like it. With last Sundays episode of The Walking Dead fresh in our minds, I think you all know what I was going for here.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's