TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Phantom's Studio Miniatures Painting /review 5/16/2012 DONE!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I was recently given the opportunity to assemble some Studio Miniatures. I will be giving you a small review and insight for the color scheme that I will be using for these miniatures. Thank you SoCalRMD for presenting me with this chance. I will post pics when the lighting gets better.
The following miniatures were purchased at http://www.studiominiatures.com
These white metal mini's were the Zombie Horde 001 collection with bonus zombie. <edited>. These wonderful miniatures are priced at 31.99 GBP, which converts to 50.69 american dollars. On top of the bang for the buck value these guys come packed in a retro VHS neon green package which incorporates the vintage zombie theme. The models are quite solid and have very little flash and mold lines. Studio Miniature models were easy to clean up and file down. The bases that come supplied are 30mm slotted bases, but I opted out and placed them on 25mm magnetic bases. At first I thought 50 bucks was quite a lot for some miniatures but the craftsmanship and packaging of these models are well worth it. Models of this quality usually run 9.00+ but these round off to 3.13 !! If you are serious about adding well detailed models to your LNOE or other zombie game I would highly recommend these!! 5 out of 5!
It did come with the romero zombie, and he's here in southern cali with me, but i took him out and put in the body bag zombie because i loved the look of it lol.
Oh...thank you sir, I shall correct this piece, also what about the nide zombie with his robe open??
I LOVE the zombie plump woman in a nighty! AKA my mother. I should totally get that and paint it like her one nighty she'd always wear around the kitchen that looked like a hot air balloon... (Yes, embarrassing person, my mother.)
Great review phantom. I agree wholeheartedly with your comments about the sculpts, packaging and value for money. The only thing I would say is you don't have the option to select which figures out of the full range you would like. If that was an option my reluctant wallet would be even more enticed... I can understand why it is this way. It would take much longer to package individual and various models. Thus costing more in the packaging department, which would have to be passed on to us, the consumer. Wish I could afford the range...
....the flesh was weak......could not resist.......had to place order....

And I did Watchmen02

Zombie Horde 1 and Zombie Mob 4 will soon be joining my undead army overhere.
No idea when I will find the time to paint them though...still have about 25 Nazis I have to start....but one can not have enough undead Zombie17
Those look like lots of fun. Is that one on the top in a body bag? I thought he was stuck in a gym locker at first. Really cool sculpts.
@ EMP, you shall not be disappointed with these guys!
@ VIKINGLAD, yeah the miniature is a cadaver stuck in a body bag. He is one of my favorite looking models and should be a breeze to paint. These have been the best looking sculpts that I have come across.
(edited for double post) So anyone who is on the fence with STUDIO MINIATURES, you should go out and buy them already!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's