TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Supplements worth buying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently own the base LNOE, Growing Hunger, and Hero Pack 1. I'm going to hold off a while on Survival of the Fittest but I saw that there are some inexpensive supplements out there, specifically "Revenge of the Dead" and "Zombie Pillage". Are they worth forking over the cash?

I also want to buy some radioactive grave dead - I love the glowing green look.

Also, unlike for LNOE (booooo) I see that you can buy a set of the base characters for A Touch of Evil. I know they are dressed just a tad out of current style but it could be fun to buy a set and use them as a traveling theater group passing through Woodinvale or something like that. The more characters the better!
Speaking of more characters, how cool would it be if FF sculpted the characters who are currently just listed on the Townsfolk markers? Even if they did not give them hero cards to make playable characters (although that would rock!) it would nice to have actual minis to place on the board when you are interacting with the townsfolk.
[quote='goodcop2000' pid='24484' dateline='1329927568']
I currently own the base LNOE, Growing Hunger, and Hero Pack 1. I'm going to hold off a while on Survival of the Fittest but I saw that there are some inexpensive supplements out there, specifically "Revenge of the Dead" and "Zombie Pillage". Are they worth forking over the cash?

Hi, I think they are worth it. I have both and am waitng for Stock up.
Hey just my two cents

I've got Revenge of the dead, Stock up, and Zombie pillage and of them I would rate it

1st place: Revenge of the dead

Why? The scenario has been a blast every time we've tried it. I imagine it could be boring if the heroes get good enough starting weapons and didn't move the whole game though. The cards are great though, my group loves when the hedge trimmers come out, plus the idea of 'how do YOU like it' it just amazing. The smell of brains is awesome to use and makes me happy every time it goes off. There's nothing like saying "surprise, there's a pile more zombies to fight!"

2nd place: Stock up

Why? Ok, I'm a biased zombie player but I like this one because of the zombie cards; they are are handy in general. Plus, one gets you a zombie hero and who doesn't love those mooks? I like the idea of the scenario but nobody else in my group seems to. I guess it does endorse sitting around and searching without the need to move.

3rd place: Zombie pillage

Why? The scenario is great, i can't decide if it's better than revenge of the dead or not. The heroes definately can NOT just sit around searching though! There are some great cards in this one but the fact that two of them have to do with depleting/restoring the hero deck rubs me the wrong way, because when you've got the two base expansions plus the supplements it seems impossible to deplete the hero deck.

Edit: To answer your question, I would fork out the dough for revenge of the dead at the least. if you're a completionist at heart you know you'll get them all in the end though : )
Posted by Franzoid
3rd place: Zombie pillage
There are some great cards in this one but the fact that two of them have to do with depleting/restoring the hero deck rubs me the wrong way, because when you've got the two base expansions plus the supplements it seems impossible to deplete the hero deck.

Ya know that card thats lets you take a card from your discard and place it back in the deck. ......yep....they are good to re-use.

I have 111 Hero cards in the Hero deck, so yah. It is very difficult, but i managed to once.

I have 3 discard top 10 cards
1 card that discards 3 hero cards when you win a fight
and
Living Nightmare, discard a hero card every zombie turn.
I have the same set as you plus those two supplements. they work great. Im not buying survival of the fittest. Buy the supplements. 'Trapped' is one of my favourite cards
I own the base game, Growing Hunger, Hero Pack 1, and Survival of the Fittest. I'm very interested in Stock Up and Revenge of the Dead. Zombie Pillage is a "one of these days" sort of purchase. By far, Survival of the Fittest should be the next supplement you buy. It introduces something that I wondered about for a long time: Barricades, one of my favorite mechanics. The additional Grave Weapon and Survival Decks (for Zombies and Heroes, respectively) also add a ton of excitement to the game. Plus, there are 4 new scenarios, one of which, Hunker Down, has become my new favorite.
Goodcop for extra Heroes there's some great ones at this site. Check it out http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=m...dventurers
They are the correct scale for LNoE, good value and service. I recommend them.
(02-23-2012 06:08 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Goodcop for extra Heroes there's some great ones at this site. Check it out http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=m...dventurers
They are the correct scale for LNoE, good value and service. I recommend them.

Thanks for the info!
Reference URL's