TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: my first painted zombies!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After practicing on the cowboys and Indians I took the plunge and painted 3 of my zombies. My good camera is at work so these photos aren't as detailed, especially the second one when I only had my cell phone handy.

Original zombies:

[attachment=1165]

After primer and base colors:

[attachment=1166]

Final results after trying my hand at "washing" and highlighting with blood and varnish added at the end:

[attachment=1167]

closeups of zombie #1:

[attachment=1168]

[attachment=1169]
That is some good work right there.
Good job, it seems you tidied up your painting skills from your previous test. Nice,dingy and DEAD zombies!!
(03-03-2012 04:50 AM)phantomninja Wrote: [ -> ]Good job, it seems you tidied up your painting skills from your previous test. Nice,dingy and DEAD zombies!!

Well the only GOOD zombie is a DEAD zombie! haha

Thanks, socal and pninja. I was more confident about making sure there were no gaps in the paint where different colored items met after having some practice and knowing that I was going to use the wash to fill in.
Goodcop paints his first ever Zombies and the result is..........WIN!! Well done Goodcop these are better than the indians. More coverage and depth. I like the overall gritty 'look' They look like dirty Zombies who have just walked out of a collapsed building oozing fresh blood.

If I could give you any advice I would go further with the highlighting. You can get dramatic results fast. Be bold. For example On Zombie 1 you could paint a brighter blue on his left leg. Imagine a light source above him so the tops of his leg, shoulders and forearms get a brighter shade if you don't have the brighter colour just mix white with the original base coat.

Overall I would be happy with the results. Also like most things the more you practice the better you will get. My only question is this: Have you been officially Bitten by the painting bug now?Watchmen02

Happy paintingZombie17
(03-03-2012 08:58 AM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Goodcop paints his first ever Zombies and the result is..........WIN!! Well done Goodcop these are better than the indians. More coverage and depth. I like the overall gritty 'look' They look like dirty Zombies who have just walked out of a collapsed building oozing fresh blood.

If I could give you any advice I would go further with the highlighting. You can get dramatic results fast. Be bold. For example On Zombie 1 you could paint a brighter blue on his left leg. Imagine a light source above him so the tops of his leg, shoulders and forearms get a brighter shade if you don't have the brighter colour just mix white with the original base coat.

Overall I would be happy with the results. Also like most things the more you practice the better you will get. My only question is this: Have you been officially Bitten by the painting bug now?Watchmen02

Happy paintingZombie17

Thanks, Samurai. I love the tips! Good to know I can mix my own highlight color instead of having to buy a different shade. I'm definitely hooked on painting stuff now. The main reason I tried it was because I wanted to have the painted minis for the game but I didn't know the painting itself would be so fun.
Like you Cop, I just wanted to paint my mini's for the game and
became incredibly addicted to getting better and paint figures
with more detail.
Reference URL's