TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Cancelling Zombie Remains in play cards.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Had this scenario pop up yesterday when a Hero player wanted to cancel a remains in play zombie car.

No the remain in play card had already been on the table for a few turns, and the hero picked up a townsfolk who allowed them to cancel any zombie card.

I thought I read somewhere that these cards can not be cancelled (unless the zombie card has just been played) by a normal "cancel a zombie card". I beleve that there are certain cards which state they can cancel or remove any "Remain in play" cards.

So which is correct here?

a) Cancel any zombie card can be used to cancel any zombie card ( normal or remains in play)

b) May cancel any zombie card currently being played ( Not a remains in Play card already on the table)

Thanks in advance.
I vote for ruling "A". The Zombies are assured cards every turn. This leads me to believe that the ability to cancel Zombie cards (played this turn or otherwise) is an effort to balance the incredible strength of the total Zombie skillset.
I support A
Agreed. Cancel ANY card. I can't remember seeing any thing in the rules to support B. A For me.
Agree with all the above replies, A.
I have always played with option A.
The way it works is an open-ended "cancel a zombie card" card can be used on any of them -- remains in play or not. There are a couple cards that can ONLY cancel one that is "remains in play" but not others that are normal -- these are a more limited cancel.

As a reminder, Father Joe's ability can also cancel Remains in Play cards, as long as he takes the wound to try...
Excellent, thank you all for the quick replies.

Now I have the terrible task of telling my partner that she was right....and I was wrong. I think I would rather be in a real zombie apocalypse!
I hope it all went well for you!
Reference URL's