TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Help Tweaking Custom Hero
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have made myself a few custom heroes, and finally was able to play a game with them last night. I made 4 heroes and 3 of them seemed pretty balanced, but this one was pretty overpowered.

Basically what happened was a heroic card was played on him where he gets an extra fight dice (going him a total of 4 if using no weapons) and was able to re-roll a single dice. He carved his way through hoards of Zombies single handedly.

I am unsure which rule to take out or adjust to help this, maybe;

a) take out the re-roll
b) do not add an extra fight dice
c) no longer win fights on a tie
d) something else?
Perhaps include Sam's Brawler ability, and then make Fighter read, "May not use guns or 2 handed weapons. Rolls an extra fight dice."?
Maybe, may add or stubstract 1 to any dice when not using weapons.
Maybe that "add or subtract 1 from any dice" would work.

So he would only roll the 2 standard dice, but has a pretty good chance at beating a zombie, or at least fending them off.
Should I also keep the "wins on a tie"?

So:
Tough: Wins on a tie
Fighter: May not use guns. When fighting without any weapons, may add or subtract 1 from any 1 dice.
Sounds pretty strong, but try it out. I think it´s a big disadvantage that he can´t use ranged weapons, so in a way that would balance it out in hand to hand combat, right?
'Wins fights on ties' paired with anything that let's you change a die roll or reroll a die is a pretty strong combo. I love the 'tough' skill but if you want to keep the fighter skill I'd get rid of 'tough'. The only other way to keep it balanced I think would be to keep 'tough' and let fighter just say " Can't use guns. When not using hand weapons may roll one extra fight dice". (Basically get rid of the reroll clause). I'm sure there are other ways to do it but those are the best ways I see right now.
You should go for Archibald's Ability in Invasion from outer space... Boxing - May once per fight re-roll one of his fight dices.

Or maybe include a flaw... that is truly impairing...
Give something like Rolls 1 extra fight dice while unarmed, wins on ties and may re-roll one of his own dice.
And take from him only the guns...

So i would call for something like this...

Tough - ...
Boxing - May once per fight re-roll one of his fight dices

OR

Tough - ...
Fighter - May add an extra fight dice when not using weapons OR re-roll one of his fight dices
Footwork - Reduce 1 from all his movements.
Thanks again for all the input.

I do like j0hnn's idea:

Tough - ...
Fighter - May add an extra fight dice when not using weapons OR re-roll one of his fight dices
Footwork - Reduce 1 from all his movements.

I think I will go with this and hopefully get another play test in soon.
Solid. Let us know how it works out.
Reference URL's