TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: getting faster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
These look awesome! Great job!!
(03-25-2012 08:58 AM)Anim8r Wrote: [ -> ]These look awesome! Great job!!

Thanks, Anim8r. I'm new to painting but I'm finding it to be a lot of fun and I really like how the painted minis look on the board.
My computer is back!!! Unfortunately even the professionals couldn't fix it without returning it to factory condition so I will have to reload all kinds of software and we lost a couple months worth of photos (I back them up to an external hard drive so we have the bulk of them).

Anyway here is my first hero - Kenny the Bag Boy

[attachment=1293]

[attachment=1294]

I've decided that I'm not going to try to match the hero's color schemes to the game cards and photos but just going to have fun with their outfits.
Pretty good. I try to match the colors because then it is easier to tell what fig goes to what card, but I like what you did with Kenny. Apron looks nice. What is in the background of that first shot?
(03-28-2012 02:52 AM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty good. I try to match the colors because then it is easier to tell what fig goes to what card, but I like what you did with Kenny. Apron looks nice. What is in the background of that first shot?

I had Kenny sitting on top of my plastic container that holds all of my minis for LNOE when I took that first shot. It was unintentional but I kind of like how he is standing on a surface with zombies roaming below.

Here is the original shot before I cropped it.

[attachment=1298]
Great job Steve! By looking at Kenny one can tell that you are getting the skill of the brush down.
You habe "grown" once again. Excellent and keep it up.
Well done goodcop I like how you're focusing on 1 Hero at a time and trying to a good job on each. I like that you've tried something different and put patch work on his apron. If I may add I would now try (on your next model) thinning your paints down as they're still going on too thick. (his cans look lumpy) I've done a guide here for getting smooth paint on. What paints are you using?
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...urai-style

Any questions fire away

I agree with Emp too. You are improving. I look forward to seeing your next minis.
(03-28-2012 05:16 PM)samuraitrev Wrote: [ -> ]Well done goodcop I like how you're focusing on 1 Hero at a time and trying to a good job on each. I like that you've tried something different and put patch work on his apron. If I may add I would now try (on your next model) thinning your paints down as they're still going on too thick. (his cans look lumpy) I've done a guide here for getting smooth paint on. What paints are you using?
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...urai-style

Any questions fire away

I agree with Emp too. You are improving. I look forward to seeing your next minis.

Samurai, thanks for the link to your thinning method. I have not thinned my base paints at all, but only the washes I've been making.

Unfortunately, I'm still using cheap paints from the hobby shop aisle (as well as cheap brushes) because I didn't want to make this an expensive hobby . I think in order to attain better quality I'm probably going to have to spring for some nicer paints (I've seen you guys recommend GW and Vallejo) and for some nicer, super-thin brushes.

It's a bummer because I had built up a nice selection of about 15 to 20 colors it will be like starting all over. But most of my paints were only 99 cents each (a couple were up to, oh my, $1.29) and I've been letting my kids use them to paint little plaster figurines too.

Are the nice paints mainly just available online? I don't having any gaming stores around me that I know of. And where do you find those really thin brushes?

By the way, I laughed when I read about Kenny's "lumpy cans" because in American "cans" is sometimes a euphemism for breasts, as in "Look at the cans on her!". So yes I definitely do NOT want my heroes to have lumpy cans. Watchmen02
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's