TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: getting faster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I picked up the pace today and painted 4 zombies in 3 hours. I went with a grey complexion instead of the green I used earlier and I tried for a fresher dead look - less dirt and less blood. I feel like I'm getting better at using the wash as it seemed to add some texture and shadowing without turning everything black.

[attachment=1238]

So I have one set of zombies done! I'm not going to paint the radioactive grave dead zombies I bought but that still leaves 14 solid color ones to do. I would get this done much quicker if I didn't have pesky details in my life like a job and kids... Watchmen02

Here are the green and grey zombies together...

[attachment=1239]

I'd like to work out a mottled zombie complexion that incorporates green and grey together...
Dude, these grey ones look slimey....freakin awesome slimey!! You did a good job on making these guys look like they freshly 'turned'.
Wow, thats crazy how you ended up with a color scheme for 2 zombies
like mine. Looking good, keep it up, I'm ready for your Heroes.
Great job there Goodcop & Pred. I guess the tone (get it? Hehe) has been set now for more diversion in skin..uhm..tones... Watchmen02

Pred's bases looks like a kind of chocolats they sell overhere. I must get a pic up when I get my hands on some. Watchmen02
Congratz goodcop I prefer your new Zombies keep it up man. I can't wait for the Heroes! I really dig it that you're now into paintingWatchmen02

I take it you used a gloss varnish that's great if you wanna go for the slime look + it protects your figures more than any other varnish. You can get matt varnish that doesn't shine it's all down to personal choice.

I hear you about the job and kidsWatchmen02
(03-11-2012 06:52 AM)Pred Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, thats crazy how you ended up with a color scheme for 2 zombies

Thanks, phantom, pred, Emp, and samurai for the positive comments....

@Pred, as soon as I saw your light blue zombie on the left I thought of the classic Romero Dawn of the Dead zombie. Very cool.

@Emp, I liked you're "set the tone" joke. Watchmen02 I would like to mix some colors - maybe flesh tone with grey or green and grey in a way so that it looks like the zombie's skin is rotting in patches...

@samurai, I am using glossy varnish for these guys. I think I'm going to get some matte finish varnish for the heroes because I don't want them to look "slimy" as ninja put it. I bought some light colored wood stain because I read somewhere about people using that to add dark tones but I haven't tried it on any figures yet. Do you ever use stain? Or would that be redundant with the washes you use?

@ Pred, I forgot to mention - I really like that on the second from the left zombie with the white t-shirt you painted those holes in the shirt red. It makes it look like some poor uneducated victim tried shooting the zombie in the chest numerous times with no luck.

(03-11-2012 06:52 AM)Pred Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, thats crazy how you ended up with a color scheme for 2 zombies

Hey I was just looking at your photos again. Is there a hole in the knee of the left pants leg of the female zombies that I never noticed? Or is that just your clever invention because it does look good that way.

p.s. It is funny that I ended up with the same clothes on two of them. I promise I did not sneak into your house and examine your zombies so I could copy them!
Nice work. Addicting, isn't it? Your washes came out pretty good this time, especially the white shirt. I think people usually do a wood stain dip insteads of a wash rather than with it, but I have never tried this.
Hi goodcop. No I don't use a stain.
I actually think there is a hole in the pants on the fig because my
others ones have that hole there as well.
(03-11-2012 09:44 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work. Addicting, isn't it? Your washes came out pretty good this time, especially the white shirt. I think people usually do a wood stain dip insteads of a wash rather than with it, but I have never tried this.

I had a chance to paint a little today while my two kids painted figurines. I did a quick paint job on a green Army man just to try out the light-colored non-glossy wood stain I bought but it didn't really add any texture or depth in my opinion.

Then I painted my first hero - Kenny the Bag Boy. I did Kenny first because we've never played him and I wasn't worried about messing him up. I'm dying to post a pic of ole Kenny but my computer is still not back from the shop so I have no way transfer the photo from the camera's SD card.

My dilemma with Kenny is that I only have glossy varnish and I don't want glossy heroes. I may try to quick dip him in the wood stain which dried to a matte finish on the Army man. I'm assuming that wood stain would protect the mini in the same manner as varnish.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's