TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: camping down anyone????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
alrighty then
well that's the second game done and I've come to notice that no one camps down...ever, for the second time around everybody just keeps on pressing on, so does anybody ever use this option or are my friends just funny that way

let me know dudes and dudettes

grts
Now that you mentioned it....I don't think we've used it either.

OD
Camping is for pussies!!! Hehehe, I had a blast last night (on earth...when!?) brother!
We camp down at least once or twice per artifact.

(Reads Emp's post).

I mean, er, I never camp down. Really though we do camp down during every artifact. I wonder if it is because we always play the co-op way. It sounds like you play the competative version. We like co-op because it uses the Vile organizations. They are like the villians in ATOE. They seem to lay wounds down on us pretty good, and we heal up so we don't get knocked out.
Well we discussed "camping down" a little further after we played the game and we came to the conclusion that it is a faster way of getting glory wich then gives you faster acces to the gear and allies.

Houserule that night was also that you did not lose any fortune when knocked out. About halfway trough the game that started to bother me in a way. The reason for that was that I noticed that nobody had gear...and the ones who did have the odd rope or gun did not really use it that much.
So the "danger" of getting knocked out did not affect your run for the 15 Fortune points.

But since we do not have the entire ruleset down I guess we still have room for some fooling around. Just to get the flow of the game down.

For Cisn: i would prefer raising the stakes more and play by the rules that also lets you lose your fortune. I guess the camping down would occur more then right?
We regularly camp down if needed, when playing. Unless 2 heroes are attempting to recover the same artifact.
If I am at a Artifact not being contested and choose to fight on most
my dangers, I will most definitely camp down to fully heal (why not, its
cheaper than 1 glory per wound in town and no one is competing for
the Artifact). Secondly, if I'm Cartwright, using his special ability to
exert 1 wound for 1 dice on failed test to keep me from going into
Cliffhangers, I camp as well. (Cartwright is the winning hand for any
game, his ability's are too good)
In my experiences, the ones that Camp Down are the usually the ones to win. It is not flashy, but it gets the job done.
Only once have I seen hot dice cause a non-Camper to win.
I just played my first round tonight. My girlfriend and I didn't camp down at all because we didn't really see the point in it. Could this possibly be because we're only playing the basic game without the villains and the zeppelin? I can understand camping down to heal but I feel like we were hardly ever being injured by anyone. Maybe camping down is more or less for the coop game and advanced competitive game? Not so much for the basic game
I have found I camp down a lot in co-op games with some of the damaging villain effects that are present. Especially if I know I need to be fully healed to face the final event of the artifact (like battling zombies for the 'X' of the dead).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's