TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Your typical game night?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We play the last Saturday of every month for a regular game night. AKA "Last Saturday on Earth". Zombie01 Which I host at my house. I bought a table and some chairs off Craiglist to set up in the basement.

We try to get started at about 2:00PM. After 2-3 games (depending how long they are taking, we break for beer and food at the local wing joint, then we usually finish with 2 more games. If my wife is out for the night we have been known to go to the wee hours. Once we played until like 6AM. Watchmen02

If I'm lucky I'll squeeze in another game night somewhere with 3-4 people, but once a month is when we usually get a full table of players.
My group's been irregular since June when a core member moved away. That combined with me buying a house at the end of January -- I actually haven't played any board games since... November? It's terrible.
This is a pretty good idea.

I have a regular gaming group I attend on Sunday evenings, and we pretty much bring what ever games people want to play + the usual 40K players.

I'm actually trying to organise a gaming night tonight at my place for a few rounds of LNoE
Our game nights are all over the place. Just had one last night actually. But there are times that we play 2 or 3 times in one week. Then we'll go a month or 2 without playing at all.
Yeah, we found if we didn't play somewhat regularly, the first game went real slow as we had to refresh our memories. So I put together a regular game night. Even just once a month helps keep it going prtty smooth.
(03-24-2012 01:21 AM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]My group's been irregular since June when a core member moved away. That combined with me buying a house at the end of January -- I actually haven't played any board games since... November? It's terrible.

Wow, Congradulations on the house, but.....I would be going threw DT's and some serious withdraw spasms.
We have a few sets of friends that we invite over periodically for games. We (wife and I) usually play about 1 every two weeks with friends, and 1-2 per week with just eachother. We don't invite all our gaming friends at once because there are too many for 1 game. Because we have a little girl who goes to bed at 9-10, we usually don;t get to start till 10. This means we only play one game, and it goes pretty late. Also, we always have a popcorn intermission at the midway point.
Hi, My typical Game night, is every Friday night.

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/Calendar.asp

The Friday Game nights will have from 20 to 30 people. I normally will gravite for games like Homesteaders, Egizia, Powergrid, Agricola, maybe a Tycoon game, Eminant Species (not eninant domain that last 4 hours) or something else im dragged into.

Mansions of Madness or the like gets played regularly, but im not so into it. I played Mall of Horror last week, kinda kewl-not so much.

My game group meets every sunday as well Watchmen02 Its not the same crowd as fridays. Many of the same people, but others as well.

My main Zombie fix comes normally during the week. ( been play testing another variant, shhhhh ) Like this week, after my regualr sunday gaming i went over a freinds and played zombies all night, then went over agian last night. The kewlest thing about LNOE is its creativitey factor. Its major downfall is it lack of terminaology. So.... i beat him in Zombies and chess :P
We play about 4-5 rounds twice a week usually.
Normally play LNoE once a month, 3 game "Sets" and try to link the scenarios together so it becomes more of a story. eg, kill 16 zombies in 16 rnds, defend the manor and finish with the truck scenario. Oh and each hero that dies is gone for the night.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's