TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Integrating custom cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been paying around with some custom hero and zombie cards, but I've yet to come up with a good way to integrate them into the deck(s).

Anyone solve this problem?
I don't understand the problem you're facing. Why can't you just shuffle them in? If not, I think you should post some of the cards so we have a better idea of the situation.

EDIT: Ah, they'll LOOK different. Try and artscow them. Never tried it myself, but I'm sure you can get them close enough to where its not a problem.
I only see it happening if you buy a set of opaque bordered sleeves and sleeve all of the deck, including your printed custom cards.
http://www.artscow.com/

You wont be disspointed if you do it right.
or another way to solve this is to use sleeves with coloured backs Zombie03
Some good suggestions coming from others. I definitely see what you mean about how to go about integrating them. You could go with some of the suggestions people have given you here, either trying to make them look the same as the real cards, or giving all the cards sleeves so they still look the same.

Though, if you didn't want to go to the trouble, I wouldn't see a huge problem with just going ahead and shuffling them in anyway. After all, it is preferable to keep what you have in your hand a mystery to your opponent, but it honestly isn't mandatory. If you think about it, there isn't really much if any benefit to your opponent not knowing what cards you have. You are either going to use the cards or not. It doesn't make much of a difference if they know what you have. Plus, if any of your custom cards are weapons, they get set down with the character carrying them anyway, so it isn't like they are a mystery.

Though, if you can go the extra route to make them look just like the real cards, I would certainly recommend doing that. That would definitely be really cool to see your own custom cards integrated seamlessly into the real deck.
You could always have the deck covered and then you wouldn't see the next card coming up so you wouldn't see if it's a custom or regular. That's the only problem I see with integrating new cards (outside of balance). So if you cut out the only problem, which is the fact that seeing could influence a decision, then you should be good to go.
Just get colored sleeves for all the cards. Put any non LNOE card in it and slip the custom printed card in front of it. Even if it's printed on paper or drawn, you can't tell the difference in size.
Maybe draw from the bottom of the deck, like the danger cards in FANG? Then it would only be an issue when in the players hands, which wouldn't really matter unless they are events (then only slightly).
Reference URL's