TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Rolling Doubles to kill Zombies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok quick question our group had a dispute over this on our first time playing....if you are in a fight with a zombie and the zombie rolls a 6 and you roll 4 and 4, you lose the fight so you take a wound....but do you also kill the zombie since you rolled doubles? so its like you killed zombie at same time he wounded you. Or do you also have to win the fight to kill the zombie with doubles? Zombie22
You have to win and roll doubles.
If the zombie rolls a 6, and you don't have anything special weapon or card wise, you're screwed.
You have to beat the Zombie eg. a higher dice roll.

Then if you managed to roll doubles of any kind and of any dice. you cause a wound.

Eg. Zombie rolls: 4
hero rolls: 5, 1, 1 (has a bonus that lets them roll extra fight dice.)

Result: hero wins because the 5 is higher than the 4 and causes a wound to zombie
(04-05-2012 12:03 AM)Spidey NZ Wrote: [ -> ]You have to beat the Zombie eg. a higher dice roll.

Then if you managed to roll doubles of any kind and of any dice. you cause a wound.

Eg. Zombie rolls: 4
hero rolls: 5, 1, 1 (has a bonus that lets them roll extra fight dice.)

Result: hero wins because the 5 is higher than the 4 and causes a wound to zombie

Interesting. I had always thought it was that the winning roll must be doubled.
That is a common mistake Outphase.

If a hero rolls at least one dice higher than the zombie doubles don't mather if they are lower, it just needs to be doubles. Even snake-eyes win Watchmen02
(04-04-2012 10:11 PM)Wade Wrote: [ -> ]You have to win and roll doubles.
If the zombie rolls a 6, and you don't have anything special weapon or card wise, you're screwed.

Great that's how we were playing it but we weren't sure I did understand that the winning die roll did not have to be the doubles.
Heroes must beat the highest Zombie Fight Dice roll with any one of their Fight Dice to fend them off. However, after Fending Off, if the Hero has rolled doubles on ANY of their fight dice, the Zombie takes a wound, usually resulting in a Kill.
Examples...

the zombie rolled a five
you have
6 - 1 -1 - The hero wins the fight and kills the zombie.
4 - 2 - 2 - The zombie wins and hurts the hero.
6 - 6 - The hero wins the fight and kills the zombie.

Easy to get huh?
=D
(04-05-2012 12:22 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]Examples...

the zombie rolled a five
you have
6 - 1 -1 - The hero wins the fight and kills the zombie.
4 - 2 - 2 - The zombie wins and hurts the hero.
6 - 6 - The hero wins the fight and kills the zombie.

Easy to get huh?
=D

Piece of cake now thanks for clearing this up.
Awesome! I was just going to post a thread to ask this. I wasn't 100% sure. This was exactly what I assumed, so that is how my wife and I have been playing, but I wanted to verify.

I assumed that you had to win the fight AND roll doubles to kill a zombie. I figured if you lost, but still happened to roll doubles, that it does NOT kill the zombie. Though... I wonder... have there been any cards that allow you to do that, or something like that?

I had thought that would be kind of cool. Like, there should be a hero card called something like "I'm taking you with me!" You could play the card if a hero loses a fight and takes a wound (or even dies) in order to instantly kill the zombie, with the idea being the zombie wounded (or even killed) your hero, but the hero took the zombie with them.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's