TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Zard beast advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just doing the last 9 martians, with the next step being the Zard Beast!

The bad news is that I'm a novice painter Insane19 so I'm looking for advice from you painter folks out there.

What I would like to accomplish is an effect of a huge mass of raw muscles with spikey bones poking out. If that's not clear, then it would be the effect as a person with no skinInsane20

Anyways, thanks for any help I want this guy to look like the bad*** mamma-jamma he is.
(04-09-2012 05:20 AM)Franzoid Wrote: [ -> ]Just doing the last 9 martians, with the next step being the Zard Beast!

The bad news is that I'm a novice painter Insane19 so I'm looking for advice from you painter folks out there.

What I would like to accomplish is an effect of a huge mass of raw muscles with spikey bones poking out. If that's not clear, then it would be the effect as a person with no skinInsane20

Anyways, thanks for any help I want this guy to look like the bad*** mamma-jamma he is.

I'm by no means an expert painter myself, but am pretty happy with how my stuff turns out. I kinda ran with the fact that the Zard Beast face looks fish-like and painted my first one light blue-ish, and then went over that with a metallic gold. The result was an amphibian-like appearance that I'm pretty happy with.

My second one, I just got around to painting, and am going somewhat in the direction you are asking. I primered him in black to keep the colors dark, and have gone over him with a deep Burgundy. I plan to add black claws and protrusions, but in your case, I'd use an antique white for the bone look. Then some more white following the muscle creases to represent sinews and such. In the darker recesses, I'd probably be looking at some deep purples and possibly greens, just to give it that "guts" sort of look. When in doubt, google image search for medical specimens, and have a visual of what you are trying to achieve.
Reference URL's