TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Supernatural characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone made the Supernatural TV-show characters into LNoE? If so, could someone link me to them? If not, then let's make them Watchmen02 I will post my ideas on some of the characters and hope to gain ideas and insight from the more experienced players here. Bonus points if you can explain why some skills would be proper for certain characters. Ok here goes:

[Image: 0.jpg]

Dean's Picture
Dean Winchester:
Wounds: 2 (+"DEAD")
Special Quote - "If you say "I told you so," I swear to God, I'll start swinging."
Profession - Sex: Strange - Male
Hero's Profession: Hunter
Start Location - ???

Special Rules:

THE COLT - Any successful hit using a Revolver instantly Kills the Zombie.
TOUGH – Wins fights on a tie.

Sam's Picture
Sam Winchester:
Special Quote - "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick!"
Start Location - ???

Special Rules:

RUBY'S KNIFE - Sam adds +1 to his highest Fight Dice when using a Meat Cleaver or other one-handed bladed weapon.
DEMONIC POWERS - May use Demonic Powers as a Ranged Attack. RANGE: 2 Roll a D6. The Zombie is Hit on a 5+.

Bobby's Picture
Bobby Singer:
Special Quote - "Dean: How long is this gonna go on?
Bobby: Here, let me look it up in my zombie-detox manual. Oh, wait. No one ever wrote one."
Start Location - Manor

Special Rules:

WHEEL CHAIR - Bobby only moves 1D3 spaces, unless there is another Hero in the same space when he starts his Move Action.
SELF DEFENCE - Starts the game with a Pump Shotgun.

Castiel's Picture
Castiel:
Wounds: 3 (+"DEAD")
Special Quote - "I suggest we imbibe copious quantities of alcohol... just wait for the inevitable blast wave."
Profession - Sex: Holy - Male
Hero's Profession: Angel
Start Location - ???

Special Rules:

HOLY MAN – May not use Guns and may not be the target of This Could Be Our Last Night on Earth.
FIRST AID – At the end of the Hero Turn, may Heal one wound from another Hero in the same space.
WAGING WAR ON TWO FRONTS - When rolling Movement Dice, a roll of 1 removes Castiel from the board. He must skip his Hero Turn. At the start of his next Hero turn, he is returned to a Random Building and can act normally.[/color]
Nice concept...but a few pointers

Sam is a won't die killing machine...too much so? He can stand there, blast 1 Zombie on a 5+ as a Move, then shoot if he has a gun, then almost any roll of 5+ on his highest Fight Die (and the odds are good the highest would be 5+) is a win (7 or 8!) (not a kill, necassarily). If not, then a +2 is still just plain awesome (rolling 3 to 8 always plus rolling multiple dice versus the usual zombie 1d6)..

Dean: The Colt is pure death. Not as rough as Sam...but he is more balanced.

Bobby: Slow...which makes him mighty useless in a lot of scenarios. And when the pump shot gun goes...he is very useless. I'd skip Bobby.

Castiel: He disappears for one-third of the game. Even with Auto-heal, he can't use guns.... I'd never take him.
Ok, how about I tone down Ruby's Knife to +1? That would at least lower the "killing machine". Maybe also change the psychic ability from sacrificing movement to a shooting action, or that it would use up both the movement and shooting phase. That way it would have rather limited use as a last stand power. Do you agree? EDIT: Also I thought about changing the psychic power from instantly killing to getting a hit on the zombie. Small difference, but could limit the killing machine abilities at least towards multiwound zeds.

Bobby is slow unless aided by his friends. I could make it 1D3+1 I guess to even it out a bit, but I feel that not all characters should be totally equally matched. I do value the feedback very much though. As a side note, we always pick heroes by random, or alternatively take all four of the same themed heroes.

How about dropping Castiels dissappearance to just the roll of 1?
Well...Bobby is thematically correct a 1d3 (and you should use the language akin to TJ the horse for characters that travel with him)...you can;t add the +1 becuase that means he is not as slow as everyone that can rolla '1'! And rememebr that the Move Dice effects other rules like Barricades and tactics.....But his disadvantage needs to be outweighed. There are cards like 'Reporter's Notebook' (but they might be a 'special') that could give Bobby a bonus to repel Zombies (i.e. give up Move Action to move 1d3 Zombies directly away from Bobby?) or block Zombies from an area (like Old Betsy) or create a Safe House (like an automatic Barricade) ...something to make Bobby useful.

Castiel ? A '1' might work...just big enough to be risky and just small enough to maybe go a whole game without any trouble... Or you could have it be a Strategic option: The Zombie Player can make Castiel go away if he does not draw any Zombie Cards that turn....
I edited the first post according to the tips. Castiel leaves with just a '1', Sam's bonus was reduced to +1 and his demonic power has to be used in stead of shooting. Additionally the demonic power now only Hits instead of Killing. Castiel's special rule was also renamed. Better ideas are welcome.

What I didn't change was Bobby. I have yet to come up with a thematic skill for him. If anyone does, feel free to chime in.
Connected: Starts the game with Wireless Radio.

http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....less_Radio

Also somewhat synergises with his drawback.
From your suggested cards, both seem to fit well with Bobby's theme. It just seems that starting with the both the Wireless Radio and Reporter's Notebook cards would be a very short advantage compared to the constant disadvantage caused by the wheel chair. How about we make them a constant bonus?

Example: The Reporter's Notebook. Constant bonus. Bobby will throw 1D3 to move, but he would still need to get a natural '1' to gain benefit from the Notebook. How does this sound?

The Wireless Radio would fit well with Bobby's theme of being the "phone support" of the boys. This theme was done to death in the series, that's for sure. But could it be made into a constant skill, while still keeping it from being too powerful?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that the cards are not discarded after use, so they are permanent unless cancelled.
The Supernatural characters are now (finally) in the downloads section. Feel free to download/use/comment.
Reference URL's