TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: A true zombie apocalypse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Inspired in the scenario builded up by PJON (OVERWHELMED)

A scenario that features an estressed dot system to confer the zombie player 42 minions...

I've tested it 3 times... and ended in heroes victory all 3 times... however the spawn was meaner... 3d6 instead of 2d6... and instead of free search i was using 3 hero starting cards and well stocked (Rules that are WAY better for heroes, but unbalanced the whole thing... so i changed in the final scenario and IMO kind of worked out.)

For me it worked... and was amazing to play in a city trully overwhelmed by a zombie apocalipse. Not only a few zombies here and there...

Scenarios:

In a city havoked by the undead apocapyse
Johnny, Sally, Becky, Sheriff, Stacy and Jade had to survive so they've tried to

ESCAPE IN THE TRUCK - Heroes Victory by turn 8 - Heroes Death - 0

However the engine of the truck failed, so the heroes decided too try and kill the

PLAGUE CARRIERS - Heroes Victory by turn 9 - Heroes Death 0

Amazingly angry by the shattering of their hive minds the zombies started the

REVENGE OF THE DEAD - Heroes victory by turn 0 (thx to a blocked windows otherwise the outcome could easily be changed in the last turn) Heroes Death - 3 (Jade, Johnny and Sheriff)
Substitute heroes: Victor, Amanda e Mr. Goddard

Most amazing stunt:
Johnny - Fire Extinguisher moving into the same square 35 zombies and throwing Dynamite there after... Killing 32 zeds.

Thx for the idea PJON... and this is my final thoughts about the

Zombie Legion Dot Pack:

Heroes:
Extra Heroes x2 (10)
Hero Starting Cards x2 (4)
Hero Card Pool x6 (3)
Free Search Markers (3)

Zombies:
Zombie Legion (16)
Zombies Autospawn Legion Rules (4)

Zombie Legion: The pool of regular zombies is composed of 42 zombies. If you're playing a scenario that uses special zombies you will add 7 more... making it 49.

Zombies Autospawn Legion Rules
Starting Zombies: 4d6
Spawn New Zombies: 2d6
Hi JOhnny. Im glad you liked OverWhelmed Watchmen02

Im a little confused by your scenario ?

Am i playing all 3 scenarioes at once ? Escape the Truck, Plague Carriers and Revenge of the Dead ? I kinda like it, is that correct ? what is the total turns for the game ?

Heroes have Start cards and a Card pool ? Why not just a Card Pool ? That way Hereos could assign items to who ever they want. ( i have a hard time convincing my Hero team to let me have 42 Zombies, card pools are more desired than start cards. ) As a zombie player I prefer for the heroes to have start cards.

Or should Overwhelmed be played with this dot system ?

Zombie Legion Dot Pack:

Heroes:
Extra Heroes x2 (10)
Hero Card Pool x6 (3)
Free Search Markers (3)

Zombies:
Zombie Legion (16)

Zombie Legion: The pool of regular zombies is composed of 42 zombies. If you're playing a scenario that uses special zombies you will add 7 more... making it 49.

Im all for getting more Zombies on the field. Maybe its my Hero players, but it seems easier for a Zombie win than before.

Most amazing stunt:
Johnny - Fire Extinguisher moving into the same square 35 zombies and throwing Dynamite there after... Killing 32 zeds.
So sad Insane19 , but that had to be fun ! Insane right Watchmen02 !!!
You got me wrong PJON...

This is a dot pack... you make throw all these rules in any scenario you like... the scenarios posted here were my test scenarios and my outcomes... I just linked then with some flavor text...

With my group we usually try to link the scenarios we play sequentially... adds more flavor and fun for the game.

Why the Starting Cards and The Card Pool...
If you have a Card Pool of let us say... 18 cards...
3 cards for each hero... and later heroes are F****... It costs 9 dots

Hero Starting Cards 2 costs only 4 dots and a card pool of 6 additional cards to give that starting heroes an Extra for being in the mayhem at the start of it... costs an additional 3 dots...
So every initial hero gets 3 cards... for only 7 dots... and later heroes enter game with 2 cards each...

Looks a lot better for me... as a hero... and more fair as a zombie.

If you wann tweak and make it easier for the heroes... remove the free search markers... and give a Third Starting Card for the heroes... the heroes get unbeliavable strong...

A new hero in the middle of the game can easily change the tides.
Ill try it, but my Hero group.......may not like it. I can only try. I like it, for me. I still get 42 zombies, and 8 grave weapon zombies. they get unique items and survival tactics.

"Alls Hallow Eve"
HERO
10-2 extra Heroes
3-free search
4-2 start cards
2-Replenish
19 total
Plus a book, amulet and cross

Zombies
4-21 zombies,
4-auto spawn,
2-always zombie heroes
10 total

I normally win, 3 out of 5, if not better.

My Heroes would never let me substitute these dots systems? They would not agree to to having 6 extra cards and me getting 21 more zombies. I can ask? and replenish is a must for them too.

Heroes:
Extra Heroes x2 (10)
Hero Card Pool x6 (3)
Free Search Markers (3)

Zombies:
Zombie Legion (16)

I will ask, i'll let you know how it goes.
Well PJON... if you're careless about how hard is going to be to you to kill those heroes... I suggest this:

Heroes:
Extra Heroes x2 (10)
Hero Starting Cards x3 (6)
Hero Card Pool x8 (4)

Zombies:
Zombie Legion (16)

But this... is hideously unfair for the zombies... the heroes will have a walk in the park...
(04-18-2012 07:41 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]Well PJON... if you're careless about how hard is going to be to you to kill those heroes... I suggest this:

Insane21 Heroes: Insane16
Extra Heroes x2 (10)
Hero Card Pool x8 (4)

Zombies:
Zombie Legion (16)

But this... is hideously unfair for the zombies... the heroes will have a walk in the park...

Hey, give me autospawn, grave weapon zombies and 42 zombies. Im a happy girl. Brains for breakfast, lunch and diner. No Replenish, Its like better than chocolate, well not really better than chocolate Watchmen02 I will let you know how it goes after this weekend Watchmen02

I will see if i can swap these dots for All Hallows Eve, and maybe supply run
Thx... feedback is a lot important since each group plays differently is good to have different opinions...

Grave Weapons without Autospawn is a little crappy i must say...

No heroes replenish? Why is that? We usually replenish just because if we don't anyone who loses it's hero is outside the game... which is lame. So we play with the paired rules Heroes Replenish + Always Zombie Hero...

I have a hard time to convince the other players to have Survival Decks + Grave Weapons...

I know card pool seems better but... the hero starting cards seems to me a lot more rewarding...

Hope the heroes give u a good fight... is just sad pursuit dead weight just waiting to be killed...
(04-19-2012 05:35 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]No heroes replenish? Why is that? We usually replenish just because if we don't anyone who loses it's hero is outside the game... which is lame. So we play with the paired rules Heroes Replenish + Always Zombie Hero...

Heroes:
Extra Heroes x2 (10)
Hero Card Pool x8 (4)

Zombies:
Zombie Legion (16)

you dont list repelinsh ?
Well each person here gets only one hero... so... Hero Dies + Zombie hero comes in New hero surges...

If you don't wanna you have it your way =D

Remembering these are general rules they can fit any regular scenario.

Also is like i've said

Here we always play

Always Zombie Hero + Heroes Replenish
Hi, we played it this weekend

Its still to easy, I think pillage is needed to counter the heroes endless searching.

we think it needs a search mechanic, maybe like the book/amulet/cross/bio canister/ something. I dunno ???
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's