TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Looking for a Military Clean Up Scenario
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought these minis but the ones with the gas masks and stuff and I was looking to see if anyone made a scenario that was maybe like a elite seal team is sent into the city to clean it up eliminate everything type deal. I think that would be fun.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wargames-Found...2685661096
(04-30-2012 12:05 AM)BFast20 Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought these minis but the ones with the gas masks and stuff and I was looking to see if anyone made a scenario that was maybe like a elite seal team is sent into the city to clean it up eliminate everything type deal. I think that would be fun.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wargames-Found...2685661096

This sure sounds like an obvious fan creation although I haven't come accross one myself. There are tons of custom character creations so it shouldn't be that hard to find some Seals or Swat members either. I have yet to gain access to the deeper vaults of TZG so some fellow members are probably going to be a bit more helpful on that one.

But why not give it a go yourself? The challenge may be to come up with a decent arsenal for your men but you can always come up with some special abilities and not necessarily card based ones. Also this gives you the opportunity to create characters that fit your minis and add some depth which I personaly prefer. For the scenario just pick one like Save the Townsfolk. The trick here will be balancing the game and this is where the Dot System comes in handy. So if your men are a tad stronger than the average Hero doesen't matter - just give it a Dot Value for the Zombie Player to add a little extra bad stuff.

If you are up for the challenge I know for sure there are some tough mod creators in here keen on helping you out.
I saw scenario like this played at my FLGS.

Problem,
How do you balance out a crack elite seal team vs a horde of zombies.
Do they have mp5 with 3 ammo cards each and combat knives grenades and and all that jaz?.. or did they crash land in the middle of a city and have weapons with similar restrictions like regular LONE characters.

The dilemma is if you want them to behave like some type of spec op, the zombies as they are in LNOE wont touch em without card help or some tweak to the zombie spawn rules to overwhelm them.. on the flip side if they are just like survivors... then why not play the survivors?
(04-30-2012 05:00 PM)Atraangelis Wrote: [ -> ]I saw scenario like this played at my FLGS.

Problem,
How do you balance out a crack elite seal team vs a horde of zombies.
Do they have mp5 with 3 ammo cards each and combat knives grenades and and all that jaz?.. or did they crash land in the middle of a city and have weapons with similar restrictions like regular LONE characters.

The dilemma is if you want them to behave like some type of spec op, the zombies as they are in LNOE wont touch em without card help or some tweak to the zombie spawn rules to overwhelm them.. on the flip side if they are just like survivors... then why not play the survivors?

I was thinking something along the lines that the team is sent into the city and the city is already loaded with zombies and you have to go in a clean the city out.... I'll work on a scenario.....
I don't remember which, but one of the scenarios (fan scenario?) involves the glowing green ooze canister extra tokens that came with the game.
Just some thoughts...

Give each Seal a shotgun, a revolver and three ammo cards like Atraangelis suggests to let your team kick some zombutt. Also consider making a spin-off on the thrown gas can rule for grenades! To balance the game you could add Zombie Horde (21 zombies) and in addition to that add 7 more zombies to the pool for each Seal on the board - and Zombies auto-spawn. This should keep your Seals busy.

For the scenario let the middle square of the Town Center board be your drop zone and rendez-vous point for the chopper ride home and limit their pickup time on the sun track marker. Although it could be kinda epic to let the team escape in the truck Zombie12

Hope you will post your project when it's done.
I once did a military group for the custom character contest. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ontest-CCC maybe you could use those. we played the die zombies die with some additional rules such as grave dead and we made a couple of win victories. Blowing 3 of the starting spawning points or killing 15 zeds, including the 7 grave dead. as a house rule the zombie player had to spawn grave dead if it was possible. (making sure he wouldn't hold one back till the end of the game, making it impossible to kill all 7)

It was kinda looking like a military clean up. Watchmen02
Reference URL's