TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Spawning new zombies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I believe I understand that you have to roll higher than the current number of zombies you have on the board to spawn zombies...does this mean that if you have 12 zombies on the board you have to roll higher than a 12 to be able to have a chance at spawning the last two zombies in your zombie pool? (which is impossible). So you either have to wait for some to die or forever only have 12 on the board and 2 in the spawning pool.

Same goes for playing with two zombie players each could have 6 on the board and when rolling their 1 die to spawn could never get higher than a 6 and will end up always having 1 zombie in each spawning pool.

But say you have 10 zombies out it would be possible to spawn 4 more and empty your zombie pool.

Am I understanding this correctly?
Hi alderdust don't forget there's quite a few cards in the Zombie deck which give you more filthy Zombies. Zombie13

As for having 10 Zombies on the board. If you get higher than 10 on 2D6 when rolling to spawn. It will be possible to get the last 4 from the Zombie Pool when rolling your 1D6 to see how many you get. Hope this helps.
I thought about this when I started playing as well. It's a gameplay balancing decision that makes it generally difficult to get more zombies when you have so many in play already.
Hi, I am ok with it. I actually never want all my Zombies on the Board.

There are a couple of cards, Surprise attack and Oh God He's a Zombie, which i really enjoy Watchmen02 but you need to have zombies in your pool to fully use the cards.

Besides I roll really bad and needs cards like that
(05-09-2012 01:42 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]...you need to have zombies in your pool to fully use the cards.

True. Besides IMO its always an advantage having a couple of rotten corpses up ones sleeve.
(05-09-2012 01:42 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am ok with it. I actually never want all my Zombies on the Board.

There are a couple of cards, Surprise attack and Oh God He's a Zombie, which i really enjoy Watchmen02 but you need to have zombies in your pool to fully use the cards.

Besides I roll really bad and needs cards like that

nuff said SamuraiTrev

I get very sad when i have to discard a surprise attack without effect...
oh yeah i guess looking at it that way of getting to use those cards its not so bad to not have them all out there
Yeah, my group actually had this question come up too. We weren't quite sure what you were meant to do, considering obviously you can't roll any higher than 6 on one D6 and 12 on two. So, does that mean you could wind up with one or two zombies stuck in your pool and never getting to the board (unless a card allows you to bring them in)?

We considered house ruling this one since obviously you'd never roll enough. But, many of our group came to the same conclusions you guys did here. First, it is another way to help balance the game. Plus, there are always cards that may allow you to put more out.

Not to mention, it is a bit up to luck anyway. For example... you could have, say 8 zombies on the board, then succeed in earning more, then roll 6 when you roll to spawn. This would give you 14 zombies. So, it isn't like it is impossible to get them all on the board through rolling to spawn. It is just a matter of the mathmatics of how your rolls come out.
Reference URL's