TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: GenCon 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got my ticket purchased! C'mon, anyone else this year?
Im poor. i would be looking to share a room and go by bus Insane19

I do wanna go to the next WBC too
where is it at this year?
It's been in Indy for the last few years and will continue to be.
Arghhh I hate missing out on this stuff. Have a blast mqstout, time to rally the rest of the tzg forces!
i live in lower Michigan so i should prolly get off my ass and go.

what is gencon like, whats there and whats there to do?
"Awesome" and "tons". It's the US' largest (non-electronic; though there is some limited electronic gaming present) game convention. Try out all the year's new releases. Get game demos, meet the designers and publishers... Tons of tournaments, or just pick up game sessions. Full schedules of RPGs are available. Plus seminars if you're into writing/crafts/anything peripherally related to usual gamer-types. They also have free painting tables with brushes and paints you can just sit down at and use -- often with free minis and people who are happy to help/critique too.

http://files.gencon.com/2012_exhibit_hall_map.pdf Exhibitor hall map -- you can spend a whole day (or more) here and still not get bored. Keep your wallet far away, lest you get stuck carrying around all that which you buy! (They haven't released the list of exhibitors yet, but it's what you'd expect and then some. GW never comes though. Because they're GW.)

http://community.gencon.com/files/folder...16880.aspx Near-final events catalog, which lists the seminars, tournaments, etc. You can pre-register for almost all events, so no waiting in lines for them for hours like at other cons. Any seats that aren't filled by pre-registrations (which you can do, if seats are available, even the same day) are open to walk-ins.
thanks mq, sounds awesome. ive been wanting to go for years but the pieces have never fallen together and a was afraid i would be bored. this event list is insanely long so that shouldnt happen.

What are the chances the lnoe expansions will be there for early purchase?
I almost (almost) went last year. But to no avail. I'd love to visit one, but I'm with PJON. I wonder if there'd be something to renting a van and driving there with a few people. Hmm...
FFP had a giant stack of FANG at GenCon last year, for purchase. Previous year they had stuff available for preorder, and gave a couple away in a same-day lottery from those who preordered it that day. -- So chances are GOOD.

As for costs, I'm lucky that my good friend moved to Indy last year and I crash on his floor. Was quite cramped -- his apartment's not big enough for four people. But it's worth it.
Reference URL's