TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Double-handed weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I was playing a game last night and something came up for the first time and wasnt' sure how to handle it....we started the game scenario plague carriers (all heroes start in the center with two hero cards). Well as we are drawing cards Amanda draws garden shears (two-handed) then baseball bat...to start the game. Can they go ahead and hand the bat off to another survivor or should it be discarded and redrawn? This is where we got lost on how to handle this. Thanks for the help in advance.
This from flying frog wiki

Double-Handed

Some Hero Items are labeled as Double-Handed.

Double-Handed Items count as 2 Items toward a Hero's limit of 4. If the Double-Handed Item is a Weapon, either a Hand Weapon or Ranged Weapon, then it counts as 2 Weapons. This means that the Hero may not carry any other Weapons at the same time because of the 2 Weapon limit.
Normally during the game, you're allowed to trade before you're forced to discard. At the beginning of the game, though, I don't recall seeing any specific rule for it either way. I'd disallow the trade then, though based on flavor -- it's what they have to start; what they've been carrying.
If she starts in the same space as any other heroes... which was probably the case since you were playing Plague Carriers yes she can "trade" in fact just pass along the item...

It is just like if you drew a card using a search and can't keep it... you can exchange it with other heroes right way...
Ok great that's what we did was pass it to another hero
Hi, well....you know me.

I say it has top be discarded. You must keep the same rule for all situations, Meaning if the Hero was in a space alone they would have to discard it. Also, since Zombie activate first. What if that hero gets into a fight. The rules say

page 12 LNOE
If a hero ever has more items than they can carry, they must "immediately" discard items down to their limit.

They can not trade because it is not their turn, they can not use the item (if it were keys or TJ, a push broom, and garden shears, this action is during game set up, it does allow for PLAY IMMEDIATELY's though) and they can not hold it during the Zombie turn.

SET UP
Heroes take the feild
Then Zombies take the field
If you want the heroes running around and doing stuff before the Zombies even come to the party, or the game actually starts, thats your call.

play it any way you see fit :p
Yeah I wasnt sure how to handle it cause each character was suppose to draw two cards and some characters havent drawn there two yet. Would you discard and get to draw another or just discard and not get but one starting card?
You should deal out the appropiate number of hero cards to each hero. Then make any neccasary changes.

No, if a hero cant carry a shot gun and garden shears they do not get to discard either to balance their carry limit. and draw new cards to replace them.

its not like if you dealt Jenny garden shears, and then not wanted another start card, in fear of having to discard a crow bar.

Each Hero is dealt their start cards in full.

If Billy was dealt a sledge hammer and push broom you might do nothing. If rachelle was dealt a sledge hammer and push broom you would have choices to make.

If rachelle discarded the flash light and sledge hammer and then billy plays Just what i needed.

It can be important who does what
Well the same page 12 says the heroes can exchange items before discarding... making no mentions to the exchange phase... which could mean that the trade off would immediatelly take place...

Not allowing the management of those items is privation of an advantage given to achieve balance in the scenario. A discard and re-draw would be also a fair rule.

Besides this one... observe the itens you said... Keys and T.J. may be used anytime... which means ANYTIME... even by the end of the setup...
(05-14-2012 06:08 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]Well the same page 12 says the heroes can exchange items before discarding... making no mentions to the exchange phase... which could mean that the trade off would immediatelly take place...

Not allowing the management of those items is privation of an advantage given to achieve balance in the scenario. A discard and re-draw would be also a fair rule.

Besides this one... observe the itens you said... Keys and T.J. may be used anytime... which means ANYTIME... even by the end of the setup...

Normally when a hero has hit their max carry limit, its after a search phase followed by and exchange phase. which neither has begun.

I know, like you said. even by the end of the setup...
so, thats even before the game starts. Thats pretty kewl.

play it anyway you see fit Watchmen02
I see the starting cards of any sort... a way to balance the game...

To demand a hero to discard a card on this given condition is like the same thing as impose a zombie to discard a taken over because it rolled a building that was already taken over...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's