TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Grave Dead suggestions needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I started painting my zeds (FF originals) I set out with three different skin tones to distinguish the three different sets (base game + GH); blueish, greenish and greyish. It didn't really work as intended. Once the minis hit the board they sort of just melted together. Adding some different flock to the bases did help but I still found it a little too subtle. I considered painting the sides of the bases in various colours but I like the black overall look so I learned to cope.
That was like two years ago.

Now I'm considering reorganizing my undead horde. In my group we never play with more than one Zombie Player (ThEre Can bE OnlY ONE!) so what I'm basically looking for is rebuilding a basic set of 14 zombies (or more) and a set of 7 Grave Dead.

The basic set doesn't seem such a big issue. I could either stick with the "old" minis and/or add some new ones to the bunch. With plenty of excellent threads on minis and dealers in here this task should be pretty straight forward.

However, adding some true Grave Dead ones to the horde is what's making my head spin.

So far I'm considering the following options:

1) Modding the original 7. Since I'm not overly satisfied with my original paint job I don't mind doing putting these through the meat grinder. Perhaps cutting them in halves and change the base to something more graveish like?
2) Getting some new zeds. There are definately some cool creations out there. But how do you pick zombies that are more dead (Grave Dead) than other dead ones? Perhaps adding some extra dead paint or dirt, dry blood? But could this make them stand out from the rest considering I'm still going for a cohesive look?
3) Getting some special themed ones. A friend of mine who happens to be one hell of a painter actually managed to paint 7 FF zeds in distinctive patient/doctor looks to make them stand out as a special unit. However, should I decide to go there well I'd prefer going with some patient/doctor sculpts. I've been thinking perhaps army troops or some nasty clowns. I particularly like the clown idea. Well, I think they are a nasty scary bunch even before they die and Tengu Models have some über cool dead ones (I think I'll be getting some of these anyway http://www.tengumodels.co.uk/page2.htm ), but perhaps the theme is a little too far fetched even for Grave Dead zeds?

At the time of writing I'm actualy leaning towards 1) but alas, here I stand, hoping for some inspirational suggestions, thoughts or comments from fellow ghouls on how to make the Grave Dead ones one hell of a succesful addition to my horde.
Reference URL's