TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Slasher themed mash-up of LNOE, ATOE & FanG. Anyone interested?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had an idea for a long time for a Slasher Movie style board game. I've seen various ones done as PnP or self printed to varying degrees of success, but none that ever succeeded 100%. I've often thought the LNOE "engine" would be a good framework for one, but obviously with a little tweaking. Since playing ATOE & FanG I see rules designs in each that could also be borrowed to solve certain design problems.

Right now it's just rough ideas in my head. I have so many other projects I don't even know when I'll fiddle with it. But I thought it would be fun to throw out there for discussion.

Oh, & if FFP is interested in MAKING such a game I here by legally release all rights to said idea to them. I'd even donate what ideas I have thus far. I just want to play the darn game that doesn't exist yet that I have lurking in my mind! Insane21 Insane16Insane20
---MSWatchmen01
I mentioned wanting a slasher game on another thread a while back. I would love to play something like this. How fun would it be to be the bad guy, right?
(05-14-2012 11:21 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]I mentioned wanting a slasher game on another thread a while back. I would love to play something like this. How fun would it be to be the bad guy, right?

Indeed. Unfortunately every workable idea I've had would make them run on auto pilot, more like the Villains from FanG crossed w/ the Villains from ATOE. But, as I said, haven't devoted much thought to it. Just idle brainstorming occasionally. I could see designing it more like LNOE to have a player on each side. Heck, IMO the OPTIMAL solution would be to have it playable ALL ways. Co-op, Competitive, or Team either WITH or WITHOUT a Slasher Player, & Solo (now THAT I still could only really envision w/ the Slasher on auto pilot).

Only real issue I could see with a playable Slasher is who would want to play the victims?!?! Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01
That is an awesome idea! It's funny too, because when I first played this game with some friends, at the time my Scream obsession had been sparked anew. Insane16 I remember thinking "Hey...this game mechanic would work really well as a Scream board game." I mean, obviously some tweaking would be need for it to work, but it was pretty close!

So, I'd definitely love to see a slasher themed board game. It would be really cool if they could actually get the rights to some of the real horror movie monsters like Freddy, Jason, Ghostface, Chucky, Pinhead, etc.

But, being as I am sure that may be hard, it would even be cool just to see them invent slasher monsters for the game. I'd certainly buy it.
(06-11-2012 09:50 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]That is an awesome idea! It's funny too, because when I first played this game with some friends, at the time my Scream obsession had been sparked anew. Insane16 I remember thinking "Hey...this game mechanic would work really well as a Scream board game." I mean, obviously some tweaking would be need for it to work, but it was pretty close!

So, I'd definitely love to see a slasher themed board game. It would be really cool if they could actually get the rights to some of the real horror movie monsters like Freddy, Jason, Ghostface, Chucky, Pinhead, etc.

But, being as I am sure that may be hard, it would even be cool just to see them invent slasher monsters for the game. I'd certainly buy it.

I'd have to dig up my notes, but I had a whole list of generic "archtype" Slashers worked up. Basically an "inspired by" version of the real thing with the serial numbers filed off. Zombie03 I'd kind of prefer that in a way. Zombie17

The only issue I could see in getting FFP interested in doing one is that there is so MUCH similarity between the zombie & slasher genres, including the locations, characters, right down the the CARDS that would be used that it might seem like a "rip off" or "more of the same". I know I'D buy it, but some might not for that reason. Then again, some MIGHT who were Slasher fans, but not zombie fans?
---MSWatchmen01
Yeah, I know what you mean. It could end up being very similar to Last Night on Earth. Then again, isn't Invasion From Outerspace very similar as well? So, it isn't like they haven't done different games using a similar engine.

Plus, I'm sure they could come up with enough cool stuff to make it different enough that it would still interest fans both of the slasher genre, and of Flying Frog itself.

Heck, wouldn't hurt to run the suggestion by them. ;-)
It is not bad to create games using the same engine especially when the engine is good, not only it is easy for us to play them, but also we can intergrate them alltogether!!!
(06-13-2012 07:37 AM)argailwall Wrote: [ -> ]It is not bad to create games using the same engine especially when the engine is good, not only it is easy for us to play them, but also we can intergrate them alltogether!!!

Now that is an awesome idea! In fact, they could even release scenarios for Last Night on Earth and/or the new game that involves both games. The idea could be that the slasher villain has found a way to send out waves of zombies as his minions, so now you've got to worry about fighting zombies at the same time as trying to defeat the villain.
Reference URL's