TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Miniatures painted, or as is?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My apologies if this has been asked before. I didn't see it. However, where does everybody stand on the following...

Do you like the miniatures from this game (the heroes and zombies) better painted, or better the way the first come in the box? And why?

I have seen people post pictures of their painted miniatures. Both heroes and zombies. They look AWESOME! I love the detail people put into them, and they wind up looking really cool.

However, I honestly find myself more so preferring them as they come in the box. I'm really not even quite sure why. I can't quite explain it. But, for my personal use, I'm going to leave them as is. I don't know. I think in part it is because it makes it truly feel like an old school board game, but just a million times more awesome. It reminds me of board games I loved as a kid where you each play as a different colored pawn, or a car, or like in Monopoly where each pawn is a different item.

I'm honestly not even sure why myself, but I just love the miniatures the way they are. Anybody else feel that way? If so, why do you agree? If not, and you prefer them painted, then also feel free to explain what it is about painting them that you like better.
Hi Staypuft I did a poll a while back on that very question. http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ur-figures I like to paint the miniatures but I do understand that you may prefer them straight from the box. It's an individual thing. I have found that painting just allows me to be even more involved with the games I love. + I've found from a practical point of view new players can quickly recognise their character figures if painted like their card counterparts.
I like mine painted as it gives a little more of an edge to the overal feel and experience of the game.
Thanks guys. That is definitely cool. I can most definitely see why you'd like them better painted. For whatever reason, I just like their simplicity as is.

But, you do make a good point, Samuraitrev. It would certainly help new players better identify the characters. Sometimes I do find myself having to bend down to the board to take a closer look and be thinking "Wait... which one is this again." LOL!
I also like mine painted. It adds a bit of the story to the figures for me. They feel a bit more real..
No, I am not a psycho.. But to immerse yourself into the game by adding depth to the characters (be it in colour or character) gives the whole game experience more meaning.

Errr, that still sounds psycho.... Zombie23
(06-07-2012 09:37 PM)Denial Wrote: [ -> ]I also like mine painted. It adds a bit of the story to the figures for me. They feel a bit more real..
No, I am not a psycho.. But to immerse yourself into the game by adding depth to the characters (be it in colour or character) gives the whole game experience more meaning.

Errr, that still sounds psycho.... Zombie23

LOL! No, that doesn't sound psycho.... wait... unless we both are. ;-) Seriously, though, I can definitely see what you mean. In fact, that is one of the things I LOVE about this game. It is done so well that it really does make you feel like you are living it. Well...to a degree of course. LOL! I don't think you'd be having quite so much fun were you really trying to survive a zombie apocalypse.

Still, as much as I love a good board game, never before have I played one that immerses you in its world so much that it made me feel like that. I've always just felt like I was playing a board game. Still a lot of fun, but this game is like a whole new level of awesome.

But... now I am the one who is starting to sound like a psycho! LOL!
Just picked up LNOE and all expansions except blood of the forest and hero pack 1, the Zombies with Grave weapons miniature set arrived first and after seeing someone online paint a thriller theme zombie I decided to make the green zombies "Thriller" themed. My brown ones will also be Original DotD "Roger" zombies.

It's been 10+ years since I painted a miniature in my warhammer days, even forgot to paint under the flock, but hell happy with the first effort.

[Image: 7cab101ccc1938db733b24668eac3327.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Painted minis looks awesome, but I'm in the "fresh out the box" camp. If the Flying Frogs were to put out full color, professionally painted minis, then I'd probably get them, but for now its Grey team Vs. Brown/Red/Green team!
These are very cool though. The color helps bring up each one's weapon of choice. Makes them pop!
Wow! It's funny how things can change over time. I just re-read my original message in this very thread....

And my own opinion has changed. LOL! I started off with painting zombies from Zombicide. After feeling pretty confident with that, I moved to painting heroes from Zombicide. Then, at some point I decided to paint all my heroes from Last Night On Earth. Now I love them like that and think many of them are some of my best work. I couldn't imagine them just plain now.

I still haven't gotten around to painting any of the zombies for this game, but I may do that at some point.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's