TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Expansions - which can't you buy without others?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, having just gotten the game for my birthday, I want to play it for a good while and have fun with the basic game. After a while, though, I want to start to pick up all the expansions/supplements.

So far, there have been several expansions, as well as several web exclusive supplements that are basically just scenarios and a few extra cards. With Growing Hunger being the big one, I was hoping to at least wait a little while before I got it. Since it adds some new stuff and even new types of zombies, I thought it would be fun to get that after I'd already gotten used to the original game to make it like new again.

So, my hope was to get some of the other expansions first. Can anybody who has all, or at least many of the expansions, help those of us who are newbies out?

Which expansions/supplements can you get without already owning Growing Hunger? I thought the first one I may get was Hero Pack #1, as it had some cool new heroes as well as some new cards and a new scenario. So that could be one way to add new stuff to my game slowly at first. However, it seemed like at some of the expansions wouldn't work without others. Can anybody clarify?
As far as I can remember, the only one that's a requirement is the Grave Dead Zombies requires you to have Survival of the Fittest (unless you just want the sculpts).
Usually expansions that needs growing hunger will bring you someway to improvise if you does not have growing hunger...

still is highly recommended you start with growing hunger. if not Hero Pack #1 will add a little more options for the hero players.

Survival of the fittest is cool because adds new kinds of itens and events.

The web exclusives IMO are the last thing you should got... since they usually add a Scenario and a few cards... which is cool because their cards are unique however isn't such great addition as New Heroes or New kinds of decks or new board pieces...
Thanks for the input, folks! I will take your advice into account. Good to know that you can get most of the expansions without necessarily having any of the others.

(06-11-2012 08:22 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]The web exclusives IMO are the last thing you should got... since they usually add a Scenario and a few cards... which is cool because their cards are unique however isn't such great addition as New Heroes or New kinds of decks or new board pieces...

Actually, for my own personal feelings on the issue, that is precisely why I am thinking of starting with some of those before anything else. After all, the way I'm looking at it, I want to have a lot of fun with the game as is for a while. Then, when I've already played it for a while, I want to make it a little bit new, so simply adding a new scenario and a few new cards would certainly do that. Then, I figure after a while of that is the time to add some of the bigger stuff, like new heroes, new zombies, or even just the whole Growing Hunger expansion itself.

This way, I figure it will help to keep the game fresher for longer for me. Not that I'll need it! LOL! This game is so awesome I can see myself playing it from time to time forever! :-) But, I feel like this is kind of a fun way for me to go about it.

If I were to pick up Growing Hunger right off the bat, then I've added all the big changes right away and it doesn't leave me with much to make the game fresh other than new scenarios. So, for me personally, I think this is a cool way to go about it. But, again, I can see why others would want to just go ahead and get the big one first. It is kind of a matter of personal preference.
Reference URL's