TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Question about "Resilient" card not answered in FAQ's.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I actually had a similar question about the zombie card titled "Resilient" that somebody has in the FAQ's we have posted here. They asked pretty much the exact question I had, and Jason Hill answered, but for some reason his answer didn't actually answer the question. LOL!

Quote:The zombie card ‘resilient’ says that if a zombie is killed with a gun, this card can be played to make the player discard the gun. There really is no other discussion about what happens to the zombie - that would make me think the zombie stays dead, but the gun is discarded. The confusion for me is that the card is entitled ‘resilient’ which implies that the zombie shrugs off the damage as well and doesn't really die. I think the character in the picture on the card is saying something like ‘why won't it die!’ or something like that, which is another indication that the zombie doesn't die. The ‘text box’ on the card says nothing about the zombie surviving the attack and says only that when a zombie is ‘killed’ with a gun it is discarded. Anyone have any thoughts?

As the above person mentioned, the card says that it causes a gun to be discarded as soon as it kills a zombie. However, it says nothing else as to whether this means the zombie did or did not die. So, this would lead me to assume that the zombie still dies, but the gun must now be discarded.

However, the fact that it is called "Resilient" coupled with the quote on the card (Something along the lines of "Why won't you die?") makes me wonder if the card is intended to mean that the zombie did not die after all. Though, again, it doesn't say this in the text of the card. It even specifically says that it causes the gun to be discarded once it has KILLED a zombie.

Anybody have any thoughts?
The zombie's still dead. I interpret it as: The shooter had to unload all their ammo to get that zombie down.
(06-13-2012 04:02 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]The zombie's still dead. I interpret it as: The shooter had to unload all their ammo to get that zombie down.

This is pretty much what I thought as well. Though, if you look at the card, you can see where it causes confusion. Again, why title it "Resilient" and use the quote they did if the zombie remains dead?

However, just as you said, I interpreted it to mean that the zombie still dies, because the card did not say otherwise.
the way we play the game is that the zombie dies and you gun is discarded. nevermind what the card is called and the quote on it all that matters is the section on how the card is played which states once it has killed a zombie
(06-16-2012 11:36 AM)ktw310 Wrote: [ -> ]the way we play the game is that the zombie dies and you gun is discarded. nevermind what the card is called and the quote on it all that matters is the section on how the card is played which states once it has killed a zombie

Exactly what I was thinking. Despite their choice of quotes and name for the card, the card does state that it is used once a gun has been used to kill a zombie. It then does not say anything about canceling the kill. So, I took that to mean the zombie is still dead. Though, I just thought it wouldn't hurt confirming with what everybody thought here. ;-)
GRAAAAGH -blam- GRAAAAAGH -blam- GAAAAAAH -blam- UAAAAAAAGH -blam- UHHHHH... -blamblamclickclickclick-

Oh. Well.... at least it's dead now.
(06-19-2012 02:23 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote: [ -> ]GRAAAAGH -blam- GRAAAAAGH -blam- GAAAAAAH -blam- UAAAAAAAGH -blam- UHHHHH... -blamblamclickclickclick-

Oh. Well.... at least it's dead now.

LOL! Actually, that's a good point. That is a good way to tie it in thematically. You can think of it like the zombie just wouldn't die, so you had to keep shooting at it, and wound up finishing up your ammo. Heck, that actually even ties in nicely with the name of the card, and the quote! I think Hikari has solved this little puzzle! ;-)
Reference URL's