TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: My First Expansion set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello guys!
First of all, I'm sorry if this subject has already been brought up, if it is the case, please redirect me to the right thread...

I'm fairly new to the LNoE series with relatively few gameplays, so I don't feel like a experienced player and certainly I don't feel ready to add expansion rules to the game just yet.

But, as some of you may know, I'm from Brazil and this game is really hard to come by. In a few weeks, a friend of mine will visit the US and I would like to take this opportunity and ask him to bring me one of the expansions, but I'm not sure which one is really fit for me, so I ask your zombie-battle-hardened opinion on which one I should go for!

Which one would be fun for a newby player or which expansion is a "must have" and I can enjoy it later, as my gaming group become more familiarized with the game?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
(Obrigado e abraços!)
Growing Hunger is the must have.
Agreed. Go for GH.

I don't know the p&p cost for Brazil but FFP put a reasonable charge on postage to Europe for their web exclusives - once you get to the point of expanding further.
My top 3 would be in this order
Growing Hunger
Hero Pack 1
Survival of the Fittest
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies!

One more question though, as it seems that "The Growing Hunger" will ultimately be my choice.

What are the dimensions of the "Growing Hunger" box? Are they the same as the LNoE's? I couldn't find this particular info!

Thanks again for the help!
Personally, I am new to the game as well. So, my personal goal is to play for a while and have fun with the basic game... then get one of the smaller expansions. I figure, this way I play with the basic game for a while, then add a little something more (some new scenarios, new cards, maybe some new heroes, etc.) without already adding all the new rules. To me, Growing Hunger is the big one, so I kind of actually don't want to get that as my very first expansion. I figure this way, I can take some time and have fun with the basic game, then after a little while, expand on it with the new rules and stuff from Growing Hunger.

However,

Considering your limitations on getting the game, I think I'd have to go with the others. Growing Hunger is definitely the big one, and definitely a must have. Plus, it is more expensive compared to some of the other expansions and supplements. So, it would probably be a lot easier and cheaper for you to have somebody pick that one up for you, then get the smaller ones online if you can. You could even hang on to it at first and not use it yet so you can have fun with the basic game first. But, at least that way you'd have it ready when you and your friends become used to the basic game.

(06-18-2012 07:03 PM)LFuzer Wrote: [ -> ]One more question though, as it seems that "The Growing Hunger" will ultimately be my choice.

What are the dimensions of the "Growing Hunger" box? Are they the same as the LNoE's? I couldn't find this particular info!

The friends of ours who introduced us to this game also owned the Growing Hunger expansion pack. As I recall, I believe it was the same size as the box for the main game. However, somebody please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Yes... they have the same size...

Even because you will get two new L-shaped pieces... it couldn't be fitted in a smaller box...

By the time you would be buying your next add-on. Timber Peak will be already released and i would strongly advise you to think about it... instead of Hero Pack 1 or Survival of the fittest...
(06-18-2012 07:03 PM)LFuzer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, thanks for all the replies!

One more question though, as it seems that "The Growing Hunger" will ultimately be my choice.

Yes Growing Hunger is the same dimensions as LNoE it's packed full of gaming goodness!
Staypuft, I have taken into serious consideration what you've written and I totally agree with you. I'll have to play the Basic Games a lot, there are several rules I'm still figuring out (and translating to portuguese to my fellow zombie-gutter friends!) - with the help of you guys.
I just want to have the expansion in hands so when I feel ready to enjoy it, I won't need to wait 2 months =] (it's like a Zombie waiting for two months for a piece of delicious-looking canned brain he's browsing on the internet!)

Smaller boxes (like Steven Jackson's Munchkin I've ordered through Warehouse 23) have arrived here in Brazil in aproximately 3-4 weeks, it is a very reasonable time considering that I've ordered it through commom postal services (not FedEx or anything alike). Bigger boxes, well... it is safe to say they take longer than 2 months.

j0hnnn, I'll definitly look into Timber Peak as my next acquisition and I will be eager to read the community considerations of this particular add-on once it is released!

Thanks again for all the help, guys! You're great!
(06-18-2012 07:40 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]By the time you would be buying your next add-on. Timber Peak will be already released and i would strongly advise you to think about it... instead of Hero Pack 1 or Survival of the fittest...

That's only a good idea if he has someone going to the US for him again, j0hnnn. I know from experience, having sent things to Brazil for one of my friends, that a full-sized game box costs a *lot* more to ship than a small box like SotF.

Plus, let's face it, SotF is a *crazy* amount of value for the size of its box. Far more than the other two small-box expansions (one of which requires SotF itself).
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's