TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Probably a stupid question (LOL!) - What does "zed" stand for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is probably a really stupid question. I know I am probably going to be kicking myself in the rear (Is that even physically possible?) when I get the answer. I am sure I will realize how obvious it was.

But, I cannot figure out what "zed" is supposed to stand for in the context of these boards. Obviously it is zombie something. LOL! I'm just not quite sure what the "e" or "d" stand for.
Zombie
ZZZZZZZZZombie
Z

Get it?

When you talk like UK english they say the letter z like "ZED"

I guess I am the one to blame here for the use of this. And I am not even from England Watchmen02
Another word for Zombie is "Stench" Watchmen02
You're not the only one using 'zed' for 'z', Emp. It's fairly common in zombie fandom.

I picked it up from the Men in Black movies, myself.
Yeah. I prefer the sound of "Zed" over "Zee", for zombie anyway.
eX whY Zed
how the letters are pronounced in the English alphabet
Okay... Now I actually don't feel too bad. LOL! I didn't know that. Or, more so, I didn't think of that, really. I've heard that used before (for the letter z, not for zombies specifically), but not often. Any time I've heard any z word abbreviated, it is as "zee." Personally, Men In Black is probably the only place I'd heard zed before, other than in other languages' alphabets. So, the thought hadn't occurred to me. LOL!
Hmmm... I thought it was created by the Walking Dead guys!

Trivia: The word for Zombie in Brazilian Portuguese is 'Zumbi'
Trivia2: Brains = CĂ©rebro

hehe
I allways thought it was a mashup for zombie and the dead
"Zed" is British (and Canadian, I believe) English for the letter z instead of the American "zee."
Slowly losing blood...
Only hatred left... Smiling!
'Better Zed than Dead'
Reference URL's