TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Grave Zombies.... Shall I or not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. Bought LNoE a few months ago and fell in love with it. So promptly purchased ALL of Fying Frog's games and addons. (Funnily enough I still have only played LNOE- hope to give Fortune and Glory a bash this Friday) . The only addon I havent purchased is Grave Zombies. Reason being it's $50 here in NZ and dosent seem worth it?Should I wait for Timber Peak ? or bite the bullet and get it? It seems hard to justify when it's nearly the same price as the main game itself!
As I can understand Druff already owns GH, i don't have Grave Zombies either, it is clearly a nice add on to represent your zombies with grave weapons(it contains 14 zombies, 7 brown and 7 green) this said IMHO 50$ are kinda lot for just 14 figures but it is still your choice. Although i like it a lot i don't think i will get this one either
hi, yes I have GH and it's well worth it at $69 here, I just struggle justifying the price of GZ. Thinking of getting a copy of Zombies! for $45 and using those miniatures!
If you just want them for the figures you can buy much cooler looking ones then the ones in Zombies!!! Just look at the part here on the forum that handles painting and miniatures.

As for the GZ in general...it adds more to the game. Heroes tend to shy away from zombies that have "special features" I don't like them all because I don't think zombies can handle and use weapons in a way they can do damage to a human. But there are the ones that explode, spray blood, are wrapped with barbed wire or are half corpses wich cling on... Those are nice and very dangerous.

At 50$ it does come expensive. Don't you have a cheaper way of getting them trough webshops?
I am sure some people can refer good webshops that ship worldwide here.
Worth noting: The figures in Zombies!!! are smaller than the figs in LNoE. They could be useful for a 'Zombies Ate My Elementary School' campaign, but I don't think much more than that.
Since its release I have been sceptical too about this. I even found it hard to convince myself that SOTF served its purpose with the prospect of special abilities thinking hey, this is a great game already, don't you ruin it for me!

Well, I've decided to get off my high undead horse and sell the family's treasures to afford the expansions (£70 including P&P). The lot was shipped today. I'll let you know of my honest opinion once I get my rotten hands on this.
Hi. Just so I am clear Huff. You have LNOE, Growing Hunger, Survival of the Fittest, with maybe some of the supplements.

If you have SOTF, you dont need Grave Weapons.

Yes I have Grave Weapon Zombies and it brings my total Zombie count to 42 Zombies i can play with. Yes, they are kewl looking on the game board. No, i have not painted them ( BAD PJ !, Bad )

If you are into the figures, i would definitely get them. If your into having a bunch of Zombies to play with, get them.

If your worried about money, and have SOTF. Dont get them.

If you dont have SOTF. Get SOTF
I don't have any of the expansions yet, as I just got the base game. However, I think I would agree with the general consensus here from what I have seen online of the figures.

Getting the miniatures set for Zombies with Grave Weapons is definitely worth it and definitely awesome. To me, the addition of the Crawling Torso is enough to make it worthwhile.

However, it is not necessary. Survival of the Fittest adds the Grave Weapons zombies to the game and, if I recall from my reading, gives you tokens you can put under your existing zombies to indicate that they are now grave weapons zombies. So, you can make due without the miniatures if need be. Personally, I don't know if I'd spend THAT much on them, so if money is a concern, maybe wait until you can find a cheaper way to pick them up.

But, as others have said, that is really up to your personal decision.
Yes, Maybe I'll do it. I do have all the other expansions (except the glowing zombies and promo cards) so it might makes sense to complete the set. I have scoured the net to find them cheaper which there are lots of places that are... only problem is when it comes to the shipping.. it costs more than the item itself. And damn Amazon wont ship FF games international!
(06-27-2012 06:08 PM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]Since its release I have been sceptical too about this. I even found it hard to convince myself that SOTF served its purpose with the prospect of special abilities thinking hey, this is a great game already, don't you ruin it for me!

Well, I've decided to get off my high undead horse and sell the family's treasures to afford the expansions (£70 including P&P). The lot was shipped today. I'll let you know of my honest opinion once I get my rotten hands on this.

I was the same.... but the fear of missing out on the entire experience compelled meto grab them all. - All except the GZ... but I think I'll do that now. You'll love them Sotf and Growing hunger are musts!
(06-27-2012 08:45 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote: [ -> ]Worth noting: The figures in Zombies!!! are smaller than the figs in LNoE. They could be useful for a 'Zombies Ate My Elementary School' campaign, but I don't think much more than that.

Haha - Thanks :-D I'll keep that in mind.. I guess I was just trying to make point that you can buy an entire game for less than a few new figures for LNOE.. But I want them sooo bad!
(06-27-2012 09:53 PM)Druff Wrote: [ -> ]Haha - Thanks :-D I'll keep that in mind.. I guess I was just trying to make point that you can buy an entire game for less than a few new figures for LNOE.. But I want them sooo bad!

I'm... not sure I'd spend the money for Zombies!!! over the Grave Weapons figures. Quality of a game matters a lot, after all...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's