TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I got a game night set up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I posted a thread a while back mentioning about how I wanted to try to create a game night near me in order to meet and/or create new fans of this game, and hopefully get some new gaming buddies. Thanks again to everybody for all of your helpful suggestions!

I was able to get several leads nearby that I may look into soon. However, I was also able to contact my local comic shop. They do stuff like this, and have set me up with a gaming night! It will be in July! I have one person I contacted through BoardGameGeek who actually lives in my very same town. So, fingers crossed, hopefully that could result in at least one person I can game with personally from time to time.

Either way, I am just super excited to get my game night going! It may or may not work out well, but either way I will certainly have a lot of fun running it!
Nice one Staypuft I'm sure it'll be a success. Hell if I lived in your town I'd be there with my figures! A few beers would have to be on the cards too.Zombie23
LNoE + Beers = Totally rocking zombie-blasting night! It'll be awesome, Staypuft!
LOL! I am guessing we probably aren't allowed to include alcohol, since it is at a place of business. So, that may have to wait until I hopefully start having game nights of my own back at my place.

Personally, I actually don't drink, though. But I have absolutely no problem with those who do, so I'd have no problem providing the beer for others. ;-)
You'll find quite a few beer enthusiasts in the dark cellars of this place. That said, I don't think that alcohol would be appropriate for your well arranged gaming soiree. You can always throw in beers once you get to be buddies with the guys you've tracked down for the game session.

I hope you'll have lots of fun AND don't forget to post updates on this.

Like Trev, I'll gladly come by if you didn't live so darn far away. If you ever organize a trip to The Old World you won't need to bring LNoE as it'll be waiting for you with or without beers whatever you prefer Watchmen02
Yeaaah... I don't even allow beverages on the table at my gaming nights, after a disaster involving a can of Monster and a Dominion set...

I'm also not sure that LNoE is really a beer-and-pretzels sort of zombie game, anyways.
Thanks, guys! I definitely wish you could all come along! ;-)

Hikari,

You actually have a good point. This really is more so the kind of game you play because you enjoy this sort of game, and/or are into zombies. The type of folks looking to do a "beer and boardgames" kind of night would probably not tend to pick this game up. LOL!
There'd be no point playing the game wasted. I'm just talking maybe 1 or 2 beers. I can't imagine the horrors I would inflict if someone spilt booze on my LNoE set up.Zombie17Zombie13
Alcoholic beverages and munchies are part of our games nights. Just light stuff with beer, cider or that pre-mixed lolly-water stuff the girls drink.

As per sumuraitrevs line of thinking, it's social drinks for a social occasion. Smashed and wasted is not tolerated at the table.

Good luck and enjoy the night Staypuft.
Awesome effort there SP! + 1 rep for that brother! Now go out and spread that lovely virus wich is called Flying Frog!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's