TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: New hero: Alenka Walski, the Healer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m working on a set of new heroes for A Touch of Evil, and I’d welcome any input. The base game primarily features heroes who are visitors and passers-through, but my set focuses more on residents, with a couple exceptions. I’m planning a healer, a merchant, an apothecary/alchemist, a silversmith, a retired professor, an undertaker, a rabbi, and Dr. Manning’s son Jacob. I haven’t play-tested any of these yet, but I hope to remedy that in the next week or so. Here’s the healer.

rL

Alenka Walski, the Healer

Alenka settled in Shadowbrook after immigrating from Poland five years ago. She’s a woman of few words and strong convictions. Along with tomato and pepper seeds from her homeland, Alenka brought knowledge of the old ways. She uses healing methods and herbal remedies that Dr. Manning can’t explain but begrudgingly agrees have merit. She assists Sophie with her midwifery and provides Olaf with cough cordials and tea blends for his apothecary crafted from herbs grown her own medicinal garden. Alenka is willing to help fight the darkness threatening her new home is any way she can.

Wounds - 4
Combat - 2
Cunning - 2
Spirit - 4
Honor - 4

Good Herbs: At the end of each of her turns, Alenka may choose to heal one hero in the same space (including herself) and make a Spirit test (1 wound healed for each 5+ rolled)
Sacrifice: At any time, Alenka may heal any number of any other Hero's wounds by taking an equal number of wounds herself
Quiet Please: Alenka does not use guns
I like the idea of introducing a character that can actively heal fellow heroes. I'm just wondering if her stats are a little high. Have you play tested this one yet? I'm curious to know how it plays. With honour 4 she has good odds of training spirit successfully at the Church. This combined with an already high level of spirit she could very quickly become quite potent with the runic amulet from the Blacksmith!
Reference URL's