TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Other Ghostbusters fans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So...

I think it is pretty obvious I am a HUGE Ghostbusters fan. LOL! I mean, I think the screen name and avatar should be a dead give away.

Anybody else on the board big Ghostbusters fans as well? I mean...who doesn't love the Ghostbusters? ;-) But, anybody else a fanatic like me?
How about when I admit I haven't seen Ghostbusters at all since I was a child? I liked it (and the animated series) then, but... I'd probably enjoy it now, I guess.
I like the OST. Does that count?

I had some GB comics in my teens and a friend of mine had some of the toys. Like mqstout I haven't seen it for ages but I'll probably enjoy it.
I own Ghostbusters 1+2 on DVD and I had a large stack of comics as a kid (about 350). I had a mate who had the toys including the station. I always wanted a proton pack and the hoover never quite cut it...
I've grown to have a new appreciation for the Ghostbusters (even beyond what I had from growing up watching The Real Ghostbusters on TV), after realizing that yes, that is a *Lovecraftian Horror Comedy* that they made there.

Looking at it from that perspective just makes it all the more fun as an adult.

Oh, if you didn't see it yet, there's a faux-Japanese Ghostbusters shirt on shirt.woot today. But it's only at the 'first day' price for about the next hour and a half as of this posting... But it may be relevant to your interests, StayPuft. Zombie17
I am not a fanatic, but I do love the films and as a kid I had a bunch of the toys. If you like ghostbusters try and find the fan films...not the greatest thing around but they are fun to watch and you can tell the people who made them really liked them. There are a couple that are pretty good.
I just bought Volume 1 of the cartoon series at Half Price Books. It contains 5 dvds and a nice little tin case. I remember these things and eating their cereal as well. Oh the joys of youth!
I used to have the toys from the animated series in the 90's and loved the movies!
Ya, I had the toys too. I was always a big toys guy. I wanted StayPuft sooooo bad, but never ended up getting one. Zombie23
I've watched Ghostbusters a zillion times when I was a kid, heheh (I recorded from the TV broadcast)... I used to think that Staypuft was in fact that little Michelin rubber-guy... As a matter of fact, I don't even know what Staypuft is (I've always watched the movie in Portuguese and they called him the 'Marshmellow monster', if I remember correctly)...

I've watched both films again after that scene in Zombieland, when Bill Murray and Woody Harrelson 'chases' ghosts with hairdriers and stuff, pretending to be Ghostbusters. Hilarious.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's