TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Can you survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else read "Can you survive the Zombie Apocalpyse?" by Max Brallier? It's another choose your own adventure style book with a ton of different endings and situations that you can find yourself in. The true ending is, without actually spoiling it, total cheese, and not in a bad way either. I recommend it to any book worms out there interested in choose your own adventure style stories and zombies.
I have loads of Jackson and Livingstone choose your own adventure books. Then I got into the Lone Wolf series which were epic.

Thanks for the heads up. I would read this.
Not really on Topic (but Hey it's TZG) I found several Lone Wolf Books last week
up on the 3rd floor.Forgot I ever had them.

OD
I have read The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks....pretty interesting, its kind of like reading a boy scout manual on how to prep your home and what weapons to choose. The book also tells you how to lead search parties to "exterminate" buildings and look for supplies and how to keep moral high in your group of survivors...the last part of the book (last 25%) is a little long and redundant cause its "past events that are linked to maybe being caused by zombies" I would recommend reading the first 3/4 though for sure and just a few to get an idea from the last part.
I have got "Can you survive the Zombie Apocalpyse?" and would throughly recommend it as an excellent "choose your own adventure" book. I have been into these sorts of books since I was a kid, and its great to find one that is more "adult". I have still to find the "true ending" but have enjoyed the endings I have found so far!
The Jackson and Livingstone fantasy adventure books are also good, I've got a boxset of 4 that I occassionally go back to, still need to find the "true ending" for a couple of them.
I've got you all beat; The 'Fabled Lands' series by Dave Moore and Jamie Thompson is a little known gem of a choose your own adventure series. It's similar to lone wolf, but it's completely open ended. Pursue whatever quest you like, trade and make money, or just explore. When you reach the edge of the realm covered by any given book, you can transfer over into another book and journey further. The game also makes use of a keyword system that keeps track of what you've done and what events have transpired. The result is a living world with consequences.

Anyone who likes the choose your own adventure genre NEEDS to check these out.
Hey all,

I had never heard of the "Lone Wolf" series but was interested after reading your posts.
A quick internet search and I found that a lot of the the books in this series are online and free to download legally!
The link is http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home
Apparently the author Joe Dever wanted the legacy of his books to live on, and so allowed them to be uploaded for personal use.
I'm about to embark on my first adventure with this series of books.
Thanks for the heads up Watchmen02
(03-07-2013 08:13 PM)Narfbuster Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I had never heard of the "Lone Wolf" series but was interested after reading your posts.
A quick internet search and I found that a lot of the the books in this series are online and free to download legally!
Apparently the author Joe Dever wanted the legacy of his books to live on, and so allowed them to be uploaded for personal use.
Joe Dever is an awesome dude. When I was in elementary school, all the students in my english class wrote to authors. I wrote to Joe Dever, and he wrote me back and sent me a ton of cool stuff including a photo of himself in the cockpit of a fighter jet giving the thumbs up.
Just bought Can You Escape The Zombie Apocalypse it's so freakin good! I would definitely suggest scouring ebay/amazon to snag a copy!
(03-08-2013 04:21 PM)themanfromsaturn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2013 08:13 PM)Narfbuster Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

Joe Dever is an awesome dude. When I was in elementary school, all the students in my english class wrote to authors. I wrote to Joe Dever, and he wrote me back and sent me a ton of cool stuff including a photo of himself in the cockpit of a fighter jet giving the thumbs up.

That's a great story. I loved the Lone Wolf Books as a kid I still have 12 of them.
Reference URL's