TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Playing Solo??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys! Im a huge fan of AToE and am starting to really become interested in LNoE. Unfortunately, I'm a solo gamer and it looks like LNoE works best with at least 2 players. I've seen a few people post that they played it solo so I'm wondering how this actually works and if you think it deters from the experience. Thanks for helping this new frog out!
I play a lot solo - just play each side to win, try and be honest with yourself in terms of cards and make sure each action is a sensible one that a real opponent would make, given the scenario objectives.

This is a zombie game after all, so suspending belief is part of it. Oh and an active immagination too
I see no problem playing both sides...

Just like Panzer said... play to make it worth... do not go soft on a hero just because it is a favorite...

And it will work...

However i like the idea of zombie wave system...
It can be done. I mean, obviously I'm sure it wouldn't be quite as enjoyable as actually playing the game with somebody else. But, I am sure it could work just fine.

When you play against somebody else, technically, you are not supposed to let the opposing side know what cards you have (other than cards that get played instantly, or weapons for the heros as they remain in sight) but it isn't necessarily essential. There really isn't much if any benefit or negative to your opponent not knowing what cards you have. You are either going to play your cards or not. So, if you are playing both sides, it doesn't really ruin anything.

So, if you are cool with it, go for it! It certainly is a creative way to get to play the game more often.
(07-09-2012 09:33 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]It certainly is a creative way to get to play the game more often.

Not to mention a means to try a few different things, learn the mechanics of a new scenario/expansion... but most of all, concoct some nasty Zombie combos to take heroes down for future gaming Zombie11
(07-09-2012 11:39 PM)ForestRunner Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2012 09:33 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]It certainly is a creative way to get to play the game more often.

Not to mention a means to try a few different things, learn the mechanics of a new scenario/expansion... but most of all, concoct some nasty Zombie combos to take heroes down for future gaming Zombie11

Indeed. It could certainly give you a great opportunity to test some strategies for both sides in all the different scenarios. Could help you to kick some butt in a future game against somebody else. ;-)
If you introduce enough alcohol, you'll forget what cards are in the hand you're not currently looking at, and it will play out like normal. Zombie03
Hell, I constantly forget what cards I have when playing against others! LOL!

I think the trick is to not be too serious about it and do your best to "forget" what the other side of your brain is doing.
(07-19-2012 05:59 PM)Wade Wrote: [ -> ]If you introduce enough alcohol, you'll forget what cards are in the hand you're not currently looking at, and it will play out like normal. Zombie03

It should work just fine too if you have a split personality. Then you could even have 2 zombie players join the game without ever knowing what the other guys are up to. Watchmen02
I play solo sometimes and have no trouble playing each side to win. Just pretend you are playing someone and stay honest.
I have heard that you can run a campaign style solo game. Anyone have any ideas on how that is done?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's