TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Introducing...me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hellos all around,

I've been on a huge LNoE kick lately and having been toying around with creating some custom content -- i'm a graphic designer & illustrator.

Anxious to gain access to the downloads section so i can see what is already out there and get some idea of how easy/difficult it is to incorporate new content.
Greetings friend

Welcome to TZG. You're one step closer to insight...
Welcome aboard.

You should check out AToE also, it's also a great game, especially if you have a flair for the creative!
Welcome to the boards! I hope you come around a lot more! Especially if you are going to share some awesome custom content. That is always a lot of fun.
(07-11-2012 06:29 PM)beforetheyattack Wrote: [ -> ]Hellos all around,

I've been on a huge LNoE kick lately and having been toying around with creating some custom content -- i'm a graphic designer & illustrator.

Anxious to gain access to the downloads section so i can see what is already out there and get some idea of how easy/difficult it is to incorporate new content.

Welcome, BTA! Even before you gain access to the downloads section you can check out the LNOE Variants forum and find a lot of cool ideas and custom scenarios.
Welcome to TZG

OD
Greetings it would be really cool if you could design some characters!
Welcome! Glad to see someone else with interest in custom stuff
Thanks everyone. I've already created custom hero cards for myself & the friends I play with, but my first big custom project is designing a rule/hero card to make the truck 'driveable' -- allowing you to run over zombies and pick up survivors. Maybe something like limiting it to twelve spaces before it 'runs out of gas'.
(07-13-2012 05:42 PM)beforetheyattack Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone. I've already created custom hero cards for myself & the friends I play with, but my first big custom project is designing a rule/hero card to make the truck 'driveable' -- allowing you to run over zombies and pick up survivors. Maybe something like limiting it to twelve spaces before it 'runs out of gas'.

I'd love to see some of your custom content! Also, my group has our own version of this rule. We place the truck at the road out of town. Unlike 'Escape in the truck', the truck can be filled with gas at the end of the heroes turn, so you don't have to give up a turn to fill it. It can also be filled with multiple gas 'cards'.

The truck adds to your movement die. So for every gas can in the truck, you get an additional movement die for that turn (on top of the standard 1 movement die you would normally get). A truck filled with 2 gas cans, will have 3 total movement die.

Heroes have to start their turn in the same space as the truck, and possess the keys to be able to drive. The truck can move 2 heroes, as part of both of those heroes movement phase. A slight variation would involve allowing the truck to be hot-wired on the D6 roll of 2+ if the hero(es) don't possess the keys. In this case the hero must start in the same space and announce they are going to attempt to hot-wire and give up their movement roll to do so. But it all comes down to a question of balance.

Any zombie (or Hero) on a space you pass through is hit and killed by the truck on the D6 roll of 3+. But each time you make a successful hit, the truck is damaged beyond repair and heroes must immediately exit on the D6 roll of 5+ (just to balance it out a little!). Sometimes we alter the odds for keyword student heroes, causing them to damage the truck on the D6 roll of 4+ instead, assuming they are lacking in experience.

It's a fun way to clear the board of a few zeds, and starting the truck at the road out of town, makes it easier to get from A to Z on the board, while also being conveniently located next to the gas station!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's