TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Question about a "Taken Over" building,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few new things I wanted to clarify came up in my game night last night. For example, sometimes zombies will get a card allowing them to "take over" a building. They roll to decide which zone, then roll to decide which building in that zone. That building is then taken over. You put a taken over marker in it, and put one zombie in each space of the building.

My question is what then happens to that building, and those zombies from them on?

On the next zombie turn, do those zombies begin to move just like any other zombies? Or do they have to remain in the building?

If they do, in fact, move about just like any other zombies, what happens to the building? Is it "Taken over" for the rest of the game? Or, is it no longer "Taken over" once all of the zombies have left the building?
Hi

Yuppers, the building is taken over for the rest of the game. Or until you can the Taken Over marker, like you would any other card.

The Zombie can not move the turn they take over the building. The next turn they can move as normal and hunt you down for your tastey brains Watchmen02
I believe that the token represents a very dangerous place swarming with zombies and adds up to the 'Remains in play' aspect of the card. But you can and should move the zombies out of there, because if they had to stay there, they would unbalance the game deeply as they would be counted on the Spawn New Zombies roll and would deeply hurt the Zombie Pool.

I don't even throw the card into the discard pile whilst the token is in effect, because when you shuffle back the discard pile, you could end up with more Taken Over cards than bulidings to be taken over!

The Taken Over building just prevents searches in that specific area and forces the Heroes to leave.

But you can use our faithful Father Joseph to cancel the card (and thus the token) or scavenge for the At Last card and eliminating the threat!
Well staypuft

let's clear that out...

Taken Over:
Once a building is taken over, it remains taken over until the effect is canceled by a hero card. "At last" for instance would do it.

As long the building is taken no hero may enter it or search inside it. A hero that was inside the building may still move and even remain inside the building, but once out, one can't go back inside as long as it remains taken over.

The zombies that comes in play with the card "They've taken the..."
may move in the next turn normally... nothing special happens when they move out.

Additional: If you roll hero or zombie choice, the selected faction may choose the building not only the L-shaped piece.

And i guess that's all.
Awesome! Thank you for the clarifications, everybody. Makes sense now.
Well cleared up John.

The only Hero who CAN enter and search in Taken Over buildings is Stacy from Hero Pack 1.
(07-12-2012 07:49 PM)j0hnnn Wrote: [ -> ]Additional: If you roll hero or zombie choice, the selected faction may choose the building not only the L-shaped piece.

Well, I didn't know that! Thanks j0hnnn!!!
Hey i'm here for that staypuft. Glad i've helped ya.

Even sometimes i get some rules wrong...
Bad engrish... you see...
Reference URL's