TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Question about the zombies' hand of cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had another quick question that came up during my game night, and I couldn't remember the answer. The zombie player always draws back up to a hand of 4 cards (or 2 each if there are two zombie players). Does this happen as soon as they play a card, or only once at the beginning of their turn?

For example, say we play with two zombie players. Zombie Player A somehow winds up using both his/her cards in this round. Does he/she then instantly get two more (therefore being able to play them if it helps, or if it says to play instantly)? Or, is he/she now stuck with zero cards until they draw back up at the beginning of their next turn?
You draw back up to 4 Zombie cards after moving the Sun Track Marker.
You may discard 1 Zombie card before drawing.
If you can use any of your Zombie cards, use them before drawing the 1st new one.
If you have more than 4 Zombie cards you have to discard down to the 4 card limit.
I think that's everything.
At the start of each zombie turn, during the drawn phase the zombies get to discard up to 1 zombie card in their hands and then drawn up to 4 zombie cards.

Once the drawn phase is over they do not get to pick more cards unless some zombie card that allows such a thing is played.

On your example the player would only get more cards at the start of the next zombie turn.
Hi, awww Im gonna get in trouble ;p

For example, say we play with two zombie players. Zombie Player A somehow winds up using both his/her cards in this round. Does he/she then instantly get two more (therefore being able to play them if it helps, or if it says to play instantly)? Or, is he/she now stuck with zero cards until they draw back up at the beginning of their next turn?

Yes, if they used their cards that turn, yup. Their done

trouble part Watchmen02

So, lets say your the zombie player. you draw your cards. Lets say you get Over Confident, and Cornered, shamble and lights out. No real fights in site. i mean you could play lights out to keep a hero from running through a building. play the cornered and see if your shamble will reach the hero.

OR

Shamble a Zombie closing in on a Hero. If it works, you can play Over Confident. END YOUR TURN
Next turn
Move the Sun Dail Tracker
Play your At The Start of a Zombie Turn cards Watchmen02
Play the Lights Out and Cornered
Draw New Zombie Cards ( that would be 4)

Yes, a single Zombie Player can only discard 1 zombie card each turn. Or you could play them instead.

Hopefully your shamble and Over Confidence worked. You now have the bonus of the lights out ( they really cant run away, and help will be slow getting there) and Cornered (plus 2 dice)

AND You still get 4 new cards. Hopefully they can add more frustration and mayhem to the fight in progress. Or they could set up the next victim Watchmen02

if you hold cards from one turn to another. ONLY cards that can be played At The Start of a Zombie Turn can be played, and allow you draw more cards.

I recommend always play cards when you have them.

Until someone gets more experince at playing Zombie Player. I would not suggest holding cards to create an aggressive attack on heroes. The more you know the Zombie Deck, the better you will be at creating COMBO Attacks Watchmen02
PJON is exagerating... if a card doesn't say nothing about time it should be played as long there are no conditions that restrict the play.

You can play then at the start of the zombie turn and still get your cards...

Just keep in mind that you drawn until you have 4 cards in hand ONLY ONCE per turn. Once you did that you only would be able to drawn more cards if you use some card that allows you to do it.
I've never played with 2 zombie heroes and I'm curious to know how you guys play it. Since Staypuft opened this thread, here goes my questions about zombies:

How does the Zombie turn works while playing with 2 Zombies? Does the ZPlayer 1 plays and then the ZPlayer 2 has his turn, separately (skipping the sun-marker phase)? Or should they simultaneously play their turn?

Each Zombie player may discard a card before drawing new cards? Or the discard phase works to the Zombie team as a whole?

Thanks guys!
(07-13-2012 02:08 PM)LFuzer Wrote: [ -> ]I've never played with 2 zombie heroes and I'm curious to know how you guys play it. Since Staypuft opened this thread, here goes my questions about zombies:

How does the Zombie turn works while playing with 2 Zombies? Does the ZPlayer 1 plays and then the ZPlayer 2 has his turn, separately (skipping the sun-marker phase)? Or should they simultaneously play their turn?

Each Zombie player may discard a card before drawing new cards? Or the discard phase works to the Zombie team as a whole?

Thanks guys!

Try this thread

http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...-2-Players
(07-13-2012 02:08 PM)LFuzer Wrote: [ -> ]I've never played with 2 zombie heroes and I'm curious to know how you guys play it. Since Staypuft opened this thread, here goes my questions about zombies:

Thanks guys!

They would simultaneously play each phase of the turn together. So when draw cards comes up they would each draw before moving on to the next phase, both roll to spawn new zombies before either player could go to the movement phase, they would resolve fights before either player could spawn if able. Pretty much you follow the normal Zombie turn phases but before 1 ZP could move to the next phase the other would have to have completed that phase as well.
Hey PJON, thanks a bunch!!!

Thanks, alderdust! You guys rock!
As far as the order each ZP plays his/her cards is entirely up to the Zombie team.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's