TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: I got an uncontrollable urge...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...to create new custom content! I've done my posts like a good boy and I'm ready to download some templates and start modding; I will also be uploading my creations so it truly is a win/win.

Thanks!
Just keep doing what you're doing and get involved with threads and VIP status will follow. The great Worm rewards the loyal in good time. if you want the coveted full membership real quick just sacrifice a virgin to him or donating to the site works too.
Asking people to donate to a site in order to gain access to content that the site moderators don't own & didn't create seems pretty sketchy. I doubt Flying Frog would appreciate it. I wish they would just upload blank templates so that a creative community could add content freely to their amazing game, but I've got no problem making my own. I didn't come here for "VIP status," I just wanted to share user-made content with people that might enjoy it.
We had problems with people leeching and just generally being bad apples. Once we instituted the "become a member of the community, open up more areas", things became nicer. The dickheads didn't stay around, people were more genial with one another and so on. Know what we mean? Contribute to threads. "Necro" some. We have lots of custom content in the forums without the galleries.

It's not about the donation. (Though they do help to keep the site up.) It's about making yourself fit in with us lot.
Put your dummy back in I don't take kindly to you or anyone else calling this site 'sketchy' you would be surprised how much time and dedication we put in to this site. The donation goes towards this site actually running. We love FFP games and nobody here is making a penny out of it. If you want to talk about it PM me.
Thanks to mqstout for explaining the situation in a friendly, clear manner. I never insinuated that the site or its members were sketchy, only that the practice of soliciting donations in exchange for access to content was/is. No need for ruffled feathers.
This place has created a close knit community that i have come to love and soon you will see people's avatars start to look familiar and you will know who is the most dedicated its normally very obvious. Donating to the site helps maintain a place to come to discuss a love for a common thing...ZOMBIES!
(07-13-2012 08:50 PM)beforetheyattack Wrote: [ -> ]...I've done my posts like a good boy...

I really do want to see you achieve full membership and access to the downloads section, but it looks kinda like you visited on the 13th, made some posts, then asked for membership. Members usually post regularly for a few weeks before The Great Sarku welcomes them into the fold. I understand the excitement, but please respect the process. Donating may speed this up a bit, but is certainly not required. In fact, most members I have seen join the ranks have done so through the merits of their posts rather than through donations. Donations do keep us online, though, but just barely, as I understand.

(07-16-2012 12:52 AM)beforetheyattack Wrote: [ -> ]...I never insinuated that the site or its members were sketchy, only that the practice of soliciting donations in exchange for access to content was/is...

As I write this, it has been 4 days since your first post. Many older members may take offense at such a new face calling their site "sketchy" for any reason. FFP is very familiar with the site, and even has a couple of members who post periodically. I don't think this is a money-making machine for the Worm God. Have a little patience, and a tad more understanding, and the treasures you seek will be made available to you. Good luck! Watchmen02
FFP actually lists this site on its links section for fans to go to that's im sure how most of us find this place.
(07-16-2012 12:52 AM)beforetheyattack Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to mqstout for explaining the situation in a friendly, clear manner. I never insinuated that the site or its members were sketchy, only that the practice of soliciting donations in exchange for access to content was/is. No need for ruffled feathers.

You do have a point and as long as you keep your arguments flowing you'll soon have the much sought for post count Watchmen02

So keep on what you're already doing. You'd have my vote if it mattered.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's