TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Burn 'Em Out - Couple interesting questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I finally got a chance to play Burn 'Em Out last week when I had another session of my new gaming group. As most of you probably know, this scenario involves the heroes trying to blow up and destroy three zombie spawning pits.

This brings up an interesting question. It is one to which I am sure we can assume the answer, but when you think about it, it doesn't actually spell it out.

However, when you destroy one of the zombie spawning pits, does this mean the zombies can now no longer use this pit throughout the game? I would assume that is the case, and that they can now only use the remaining pits. After all, the whole point of the scenario was that you explode and destroy the pits. However, it doesn't actually come out and spell out what this then means for the destroyed pit.

Another interesting question for those of you who have played this scenario...

What, if any, method do you use to mark the pits you have destroyed? They don't exactly have a marker specifically for this. What my group wound up doing was we used the markers they give you for when you add a spawning pit, and put them on the scenario card to show how many we had destroyed. In fact, as it just so happened to turn out, the two we got a chance to destroy before the zombies won were two that were added by a card anyway.
Jason C. Hill (creator) has already answered your questions in this BGG article. I just pass them on...

(07-23-2012 09:45 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ][...] when you destroy one of the zombie spawning pits, does this mean the zombies can now no longer use this pit throughout the game?

Once a pit is destroyed there is nothing left there to spawn from (so Zombies will have to find somewhere else to crawl up out of).

Destroying a Zombie pit has no effect on Zombies that are already in the space.

(07-23-2012 09:45 PM)StayPuft Wrote: [ -> ]What, if any, method do you use to mark the pits you have destroyed?

I believe in the rulebook under Scenario Notes it says to mark the destroyed pit with a Wound marker.
scarydk pretty much answered your question, Staypuft. I use bigger markers on top of the destroyed spawning pit (like the number markers) because sometimes people just grab the wound markers wherever they are and put them on their character sheets (surprisingly enough, it has caused some controversy during one of our games, that's why I I've changed the markers).

Cheers!
As far as marking destroyed pits, I use the number counters and put them directly on the board, over the destroyed pits. They're not used for anything else in that scenario, and it's an easy way to keep track of how many have been blown up.
Right, I use number markers too. We start with 1-3 on the scenario card, then take them off and put them on the pits as they are destroyed. Even if a newly placed pit is destroyed, we leave the marker there and put a number on it.

Which leads me to this question: Can you put a new spawning pit on a square that already has a pit destroyed on it? It feels like no to me, but I don't think there is any rule stopping it.
(07-24-2012 05:27 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Which leads me to this question: Can you put a new spawning pit on a square that already has a pit destroyed on it? It feels like no to me, but I don't think there is any rule stopping it.

I suppose that it is OK!
Thanks again, everybody. I didn't realize that one was already answered by the man himself, so thanks for sharing that. Still, even if I did see that, I'd have probably shared it here anyway, as I felt it was an interesting question to clarify. ;-) Also, thanks everybody for the suggestion on how to mark the destroyed pit. I love that idea! We will have to do that going forward. I like the idea of putting numbers 1, 2, and 3 on the scenario card, and then covering the destroyed pits with each number as you destroy them.

(07-24-2012 05:27 PM)vikinglad Wrote: [ -> ]Which leads me to this question: Can you put a new spawning pit on a square that already has a pit destroyed on it? It feels like no to me, but I don't think there is any rule stopping it.

That is actually an interesting question too. Thank you for sharing that. I would agree that there is no rule I am aware of saying you cannot do this. So, if you got a card allowing you to add a new spawning pit, you could certainly add it right on top of a destroyed pit. Though, personally I would probably suggest not doing that anyway just to avoid confusion. Just as easy to put it in another spot.
Reference URL's