TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Question about the Backpack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I mentioned in my other thread, I recently picked up the "Revenge of the Dead" supplement. Again, as I said before, since the supplements really only give you one new scenario and a few new cards, I didn't mind picking one or two of those up even though I am fairly new to the game. The full expansions, I'm trying to wait a while to enjoy the base game so I can add them later to make it like new again.

Anyway, I had a question about the "Backpack" card. This card reads:

"The Hero may now carry an additional three items (one of which may be a Weapon)."

My question is this...

Does the backpack itself count towards your limit of items? In other words, initially you can have four items (two of which can be weapons, or one double handed weapon, which counts as two). So, say you have three items, plus the backpack. Is that now your initial four, and then you can have three more?

OR

Considering the backpack would be strapped to your back, is the backpack itself not considered towards your item limit? Meaning, you could have four items, plus the backpack, then the additional three the backpack allows you?

You can kind of see how it could go either way. On the one hand, it doesn't really specify, so that could kind of lead you to believe that it counts as an item. Meaning you can have three items, plus the backpack, then the three additional items the backpack allows you.

Then again, it is a backpack, so thematically, I'd imagine you wear it across your back, meaning it doesn't really hold you back from carrying anything else. So, going that route would mean you could have four items, plus the backpack, then the three additional items the backpack allows you.

I don't know if I explained that well. LOL! Does my question make sense? Anybody have thoughts, or know the official answer?
The backpack is an item and as such it uses up one of your 4 initial slots, so to start with you only have 3 remaining slots. However since it adds an extra 3 slots it brings your total available slots up to 6. This gives you the option to carry 3 single handed weapons in total or one double handed + one single handed. And 3 non weapon items 3 (not including the backpack itself).

Hope this helps.
As scarydk said...

The backpack counts...

While carrying the backpack you have
4 - 1 + 3 Available item slots = 6 Slots from which up to 3 can be weapons.
Hi,

Yup, you can fit Old Betsy, TJ Thoroughbred, and a Chainsaw, in the Backpack. Yet a sledge hammer and garden shears wont fit ??? They would seem smaller than a pony and puppy, go figure Watchmen01
(07-24-2012 09:02 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, you can fit Old Betsy, TJ Thoroughbred, and a Chainsaw, in the Backpack. Yet a sledge hammer and garden shears wont fit ???

LOL maybe they´re some kind of Pokemon...Zombie17
(07-25-2012 04:52 PM)LFuzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2012 09:02 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, you can fit Old Betsy, TJ Thoroughbred, and a Chainsaw, in the Backpack. Yet a sledge hammer and garden shears wont fit ???

LOL maybe they´re some kind of Pokemon...Zombie17

The chainsaw would best all existing pokemons easily!!!
Thanks once again for your help! Love this site. Somebody always knows the answer. ;-)

After posting this, I actually thought of this a little more thematically again. Sure, a backpack would be worn on your back, so it wouldn't be like you'd have to carry it. However, if you think about it, I doubt you are walking around carring a shotgun, a chainsaw, hedge clippers, etc. in your hands all day. When you are not using them, I would guess you would have some kind of holster so you could strap them to your back or something like that.

So, the backpack is just like that. It does take up room you could otherwise be using to strap something else to your back, but then gives you a little extra room to carry things. So, thematically, that actually does work best!

LOL! Love the way this conversation is going. Hilarious! I choose you, Betsychu!
Reference URL's