TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Got to try Revenge of the Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I finally got a chance to try my new scenario from the supplement I picked up, "Revenge of the Dead." Coincidentally, I got to hang out with my one friend that introduced us to the game in the first place (his wife and mine have been friends for a long time, which is how I met the two of them). Funny enough, HE hadn't heard of the supplements on the web store, so I got to introduce HIM to something new about the game!

I cannot sum it any better than saying, I LOVED this scenario! I am so glad I picked up the supplement.

I actually got to try out the zombies side for the first time. Being as we were at my place this time, I let him choose sides, and he chose heroes because he usually plays zombies.

I have to say, I am not AT ALL surprised by this, but I loved playing as the zombies just as much. Anyways, this wound up being somewhat of a massacre, with my zombies basically kicking butt. However, not in a way that ruined the fun. It was still a ton of fun, for both of us! That is what I love about this game. You can masscare the other team, you can get massacred, or you can actually have a balanced/close game, and it is so much fun for everybody involved.

I do think this scenario favors the zombies quite a bit. It is a tough go for the heroes. But, the heroes did put up a pretty good fight, and killed off a few of the zombies.

I do love the idea of automatically getting zombie heroes. I wouldn't want that to be the case all the time, but I like that there is a scenario where that happens, because I think that is kind of cool as a little special stipulation.

At one point, I had lost count of how many zombies and zombie heroes I had on one more hero at the same time. LOL! Plus, I got a lot of lucky breaks. Lucky rolls, plus at one point, I had a remains in play card that gave all zombies even one more extra fight dice, and yet another remains in play that gave all zombie heroes an extra two! So, the zombies really lucked out, but it was definitely a scenario I highly recommend.
Awesome that you like the scenario, StayPuft. You're correct with it being brutal for the heroes, though that is the intent.

This is exclusively a bloodbath in our group whether the final result goes the way of the living or the dead. We also have all everything available for LNOE, so it's very options heavy on top of what's detailed on the scenario - special mention to Zombie Horde and getting some Grave Weapons in there too.

I personally think it's a great scenario and very combat heavy.
Oh yes. I most sure this was definitely intended to be heavily weight on the zombie side. Though, it is not impossible for the heroes. No scenario, no matter how hard, is impossible for either side.

This is definitely one I will want to revisit A LOT, especially, as you mentioned, when I get some of the expansions and get some new types of zombies (Grave Dead and Zombies With Grave Weapons, etc.).
Yeah this was one of my favorite scenarios by far. It's very intense and 1 mistake can be major for either side.
I'm glad you liked this scenario, StayPuft. It's also my favorite as it puts the zeds on the offence. But it's a tough nut for the heroes. Especially if you haven't had many games under your belt.

For new players I'd only chose scenarios from the base game and GH, but this one is my prefered game night starter to get things going with advanced players.
(08-01-2012 09:06 AM)scarydk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm glad you liked this scenario, StayPuft. It's also my favorite as it puts the zeds on the offence. But it's a tough nut for the heroes. Especially if you haven't had many games under your belt.

For new players I'd only chose scenarios from the base game and GH, but this one is my prefered game night starter to get things going with advanced players.

Good advice, scary. And advice with which I would absolutely agree. I definitely would not recommend springing this one on a complete newbie. For newbies, I agree with sticking to the main set of scenarios. That is why I have not yet tried any of the web scenarios. I did print one out that can be played with the base game, but have yet to play it. For the time being, we still keep getting newbies here and there showing up to our game nights, so I like to introduce them to the game with some of the main/base scenarios.

Once we start to settle into our core group, then we will try out some of the web scenarios, custom scenarios, and stuff like that.
Reference URL's