TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Best way to use the "Trip" card?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just curious what some people's strategy is for the "Trip" card when playing zombies? Do you have certain times/opportunities where you tend to use this card over others? I understand that playing it when a Hero player rolls a high movement die in order to make them re-roll is the idea of the card, but I'm more interested when some people feel the optimal time to use this tactic occurs.
Hmm I usually prefer using it to separate Heroes sticking together, so I'll use it on the last Hero to move. Another good use that just came to mind, would be to play it on Heroes trying to set a gas marker, or to stop a Hero trying to escape from said gas marker!
* Do the heroes have gasoline to make a break for the truck? (Or for a spawning pit to destroy?)
* Is Becky trying to go administer some first aid?
* Is Jake trying to get to a building to search?
* Do you think the heroes are trying to split up the zombies for some Back to Back fighting?
* Does Rachelle have the shotgun and you have a space that she needs to get much closer to before she can blast them away?
* Are you about to swarm over the manor house they're trying to defend and they're trying to lure the zombies back outside with the hunger?

Overall, though, Trip! is one of the cards I play as soon as I can (hopefully the first turn I get it), rather than holding on to it. It's one of the weaker zombie cards and it's better to play it, get its effect, and hopefully draw something better next turn.

(Overall, few zombie cards are worth holding on for more than a turn or two. The key tactic for zombie players is to cycle through their cards as much as possible.)
(08-06-2012 01:46 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, few zombie cards are worth holding on for more than a turn or two. The key tactic for zombie players is to cycle through their cards as much as possible.

To quote Father Joseph: "Amen to that!"
Best use is when they roll 4-6 on movement and you have a good feeling they are going to barricade or search for uniques.
I like using it as soon as possible on characters who roll a 4 or higher
(08-06-2012 01:46 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ]Overall, though, Trip! is one of the cards I play as soon as I can (hopefully the first turn I get it), rather than holding on to it. It's one of the weaker zombie cards and it's better to play it, get its effect, and hopefully draw something better next turn.

I support that
(08-06-2012 01:46 PM)mqstout Wrote: [ -> ](Overall, few zombie cards are worth holding on for more than a turn or two. The key tactic for zombie players is to cycle through their cards as much as possible.)

Just wanted to throw in that I agree with this as well. That being helpful, but still one of the weaker cards, best to just use it and get it out of the way. But, as mqstout and some others have illustrated, there are some specific cases where it could be good to use it if they happen to come up while you have it.

Still, as mqstout said, and many agreed, best to use your zombie cards as quickly as possible. Zombies always draw back up to their number of cards. Plus, unlike heroes, if the Zombie Deck runs out, it isn't gone. It gets re-shuffled, and you start all over. So, no harm in using your cards as quickly as possible.
I agree with the general sentiment about this card. The way I use it is to hinder any useful movement I can during the very next hero phase. I never keep it for longer than half a turn. Just get rid of it.
Reference URL's