TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Sentinels of the Multiverse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody else ever played "Sentinels of the Multiverse?"

My gaming group played this yesterday before our game of Last Night On Earth.

It is a super hero card game. All of the players work cooperatively on a team. You each pick a super hero character. They are generic heroes, but are basically modeled after actual characters. For example, I was "The Wraith" who was basically just a female Batman, minus the bat stuff. LOL!

You all work together to battle a super villain, his/her minions, and other hazards the environment may throw at you. Your cards will be equipment, attacks, and stuff like that you can use throughout the battle. It was a lot of fun, so it is one I highly recommend. It was a longer game. I think it took us about an hour and a half.

The only thing I'll say (and I've only played once so far, so maye I just have not yet played enough to truly tell) is I felt the super villain was perhaps given too much HP. It seemed to take too long and be too difficult to defeat the villain, not to mention you keep having to fight all the minions instead because you want to get rid of their effects.

But, that didn't ruin the experience for me at all as I still loved the game. Plus, like I said, that may just be because it was the first time most of us had ever played it.

Anybody else here ever try this game?
You described how the cooperative game play from ATOE feels to me...

I was curious about this very game... but hard to buy things overseas...
I've been curious about this one, as it seems to get a lot of praise. I'd like a more "board-y" game, & have thought of trying Heroes Inc. or the highly praised (but out of print) Capes & Cowls. (which everyone keeps hoping for a reprint.)

I hear a revised ed. of Sentinels is due any day, if not out already, so I may go ahead & try it.
---MS Watchmen01
Looks really cool!
I very well might have to try this game, more of a board game person instead of just cards but.....

Watchmen02
Yeah, I definitely have to agree with you guys. I'm a much bigger fan of actual board games vs. just card games. (EX: I've heard nothing but VERY good things about Gloom, but when I finally played it, I honestly wasn't terribly impressed.) But, this one was still really cool.

It is definitely one I'd love to play again, but not necessarily one I'd be rushing to play as often as I possibly can like I do Last Night On Earth.
I was actually going to buy gloom when I was scouting out LNoE and Arkhum Asylum, etc
The revised edition of Sentinels is due in September. The ship got held up due to typhoons and just left port in China last week.

My entire gaming group is a *huge* fan of Sentinels. Which villain did you play against on your first game, StayPuft? The company generally suggests that first-time players go up against Baron Blade, with the Metropolis location deck.
(08-13-2012 02:00 AM)HikariStarshine Wrote: [ -> ]The revised edition of Sentinels is due in September. The ship got held up due to typhoons and just left port in China last week.

My entire gaming group is a *huge* fan of Sentinels. Which villain did you play against on your first game, StayPuft? The company generally suggests that first-time players go up against Baron Blade, with the Metropolis location deck.

If I remember, I think our villains name was "Citizen Dawn." Something like that. From what the guy who had it explained, basically, she was a female Magneto.
Reference URL's