TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: You can't beat the price of free! (How I got free zombies!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is Last Night On Earth related, but it is more so just my personal story, so I thought it fit better in "Anything Goes" rather than one of the LNOE specific boards.

Just a cool story from my game night last night. So far, I know for a fact that four of our regulars (myself included) own Last Night On Earth.

One of the guys just bought the supplements, "Revenge of the Dead," "Zombie Pillage," and "Radioactive Grave Dead" from a seller on eBay. Well, it had been a while and he still never received them. So, he contacted the seller to complain, and they wound up sending them all to him again.

Then, as it is, both sets arrived. He contacted the seller, but as a way of apology for the mix-up, they allowed him to keep both sets. However... what are you going to do with two sets of the same exact thing?

So, he brought all three duplicates in, and let each of us who also have the game pick one (which was a really awesome surprise, and really nice of him).

I got Radioactive Grave Dead! AWESOME! I already have Revenge of the Dead, and didn't really want Zombie Pillage yet, because, at this stage, it'd be using up almost all my hero cards for the scenario, not leaving the heroes much to actually use. LOL!

I don't have Growing Hunger yet, so I'm not really planning to use them until I do, since it uses the DOTS rules (as well as the meteor token). However, it is just really cool to have them. Not to mention, like the subject says, you can't beat the price of free! LOL!
this is really cool, your friend is a good guy. Its cool that they told him to just keep them. I want the radioactive grave dead because they just look cool.
Nice score!
(08-10-2012 07:29 AM)jimbal Wrote: [ -> ]this is really cool, your friend is a good guy. Its cool that they told him to just keep them. I want the radioactive grave dead because they just look cool.

LOL! Yeah, to be honest that is part of why I went for them over Zombie Pillage (and I already have Revenge of the Dead). I LOVE miniatures, so I already knew there was NO way the Radioactive Grave Dead zombies weren't eventually going to come home with me. I just wasn't going to buy them yet since I didn't yet have Growing Hunger. But, free is my favorite price to pay for something. LOL! So, I figured why not? For now, I can still look at them and admire how awesome they are until I get a chance to actually use them. ;-)
Aw man! Wish I had some friends full of goodies to give away! LOL! Nice one, Staypuft!
Hehe! Nice, and Radioactive Dead are really a nice expansion!
No doubt! I cannot wait to get to actually use them. It will be awesome to get to see them creeping across the board. Plus, I especially love some of the special rules for them. Especially what you do if/when one of them is killed. I won't spoil it here for those who don't have it yet, but it is pretty cool.
Yep. We often choose radioactive dead over grave dead because of the certainty of what you get as well as their abilities Zombie17
That is not a bad idea, from time to time. Though, there is definitely something cool about not knowing what powers the zombies are going to get if you use the Grave Dead, and getting them randomly. Then, it makes each game a little different, as you are never sure which power will come up.
Reference URL's