TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Can Father Joseph stack Faith?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this has been answered before or if I missed an obvious reference to this. I'm at work and don't have the game within reach and a co-worker who has played the game asked "can Father Joseph stack (have more than one) "Faith" active on him at the same time?"

I honestly didn't know the definitive answer on this.
"Faith Remains in Play (limit one)"
http://flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index....Card:Faith
In short YES he can.
From Jason S. Hill on BGG

Faith
'Any Hero can have multiple Faiths played on them, even in the same turn. The 'Limit 1' refers to the fact that a 'Holy' Hero (like Father Joseph) can only have 1 Faith card 'Remain in Play' on them at a time. You could play all 3 Faiths on Father Joseph in one turn, but at the end of that turn, all but one of them would be discarded.

The limit is for Remains in Play. In other words, you can play as many Faiths as you want, but only one can Remain in Play on a Hero (the rest would be discarded after use).'
Wow! That is actually a really good point, samuraitrev! And, considering it was confirmed by the man himself, you are obviously 100% right! That is really good to know! I would have just assumed the answer was no, because it says "Limit one" right on the card. But, you are correct. The limit one JUST refers to the card remaining in play on Father Joseph.

So, to sum up, coming Jason S. Hill himself,

You CAN use several on Father Joseph at one time, it is just that only one can then remain in play.
....so wait a minute here....

Are you saying you could play 3 Faith's on a Hero. That hero now rolls 3 extra fight dice ???

sneaky little humans. Faith wont save you. Surrender your urges to fight or flight. The quicker you surrender your tastey brains, the quicker it will be over.
(08-17-2012 02:54 PM)PJON Wrote: [ -> ]....so wait a minute here....

Are you saying you could play 3 Faith's on a Hero. That hero now rolls 3 extra fight dice ???

sneaky little humans. Faith wont save you. Surrender your urges to fight or flight. The quicker you surrender your tastey brains, the quicker it will be over.

LOL. Don't worry, PJON. I think you'd have to be pretty desperate to waste three Faiths in one fight. Not to mention, it is probably rare enough that the heroes have that many available to them all at the same time. So, I doubt the situation comes up often. ;-)
Reference URL's