TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Can I make a Hero character with
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4 wounds!?

The reason being Im making the Team Fortress characters and wanted the Heavy to have 4 wounds versus the other 8 characters with 1 wound (the scout and spy) 3 wounds (the soldier) and the reamining with all at 2 wounds.

Im not sure if this would ruin the balance or not, what are you guys opinions?

I still am trying to figure out what to special abilities to give who.

Ive been searching the web to find custom heroes and get an idea of what special abilities would be suitable yet keeoing game balance.
BTW I am working on custom miniatures for ALL nine tf2 heroes as well as TF2 styles zombies!

If everything goes as planned, I am thinking about designing TF2 styled Left4Dead and Resident Evil zombie bosses and heroes as well!
There's already a character in the LNoE expansion Growing Hunger called Sam with 4 wounds. He's tough but still gets taken down sometimes. Especially with cards such as Bitten, I Feel Kinda Strange and Fighting Instincts.

I look forward to your custom stuff!
excellent, I didnt want to make anything that would be unusable.
Thanks Samurai
I think that Sam only has three wounds plus death = 4, but if I'm reading the original post right wisdom wasn't counting death. I wouldn't let that stop me from putting four wounds plus death on a character though, I would say you just have to be careful with abilities. I might not even give the heavy any, or just make them a Z magnet by making zombie hunger work from farther away, which can be good or bad. I would also consider limiting their movement with a -1 or -2 to movement rolls.

Good Luck
Yes I meant 4 wounds + death.
And I am defintely going to make him slower.

Inversely, would it be ok to make the Scout faster than 1d^ like d10 or d6 + 4?
Just be careful with balancing...

Because some drawbacks are a lot stronger than they look

For the scout since the game is turn based all that speed is kind of wasted since you would only be able to move...

You could for instance add some sort of ability that could be used to evade attacks and make the speed bonus a little more modest like:

1d6+2 or 2d6 (Keeping the better roll)
Excellent idea John
No problem....

i know very little about team fortress but saw and scout moving once on a video...

Also if you would like more suggestions keep posting on the boards surely you will hear a lot of opinions that can help you even more...
Thanks I defintely will need more help in regards to game rules and stats
We'll be happy to help!
Reference URL's