TheZombieGame.com Forums

Full Version: Custom special powers for the web exclusive miniatures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Growing Hunger comes with the red zombies (the Grave Dead). I don't have GH yet, but if I understand correctly, they can be used simply as regular zombies to increase your horde (such as scenarios that call for a horde of 21), or they can be used as Grave Dead, where you roll for a set of different powers they may have.

The Radioactive Grave Dead web exclusive set comes with crystal green zombies. Quite literally, their power is that they are radioactive.

However, in the Flying Frog web store, you can actually also buy black zombies, purple zombies, crystal blue zombies, and crystal red zombies.

Has anybody ever thought up a set of custom powers for each of the different colors you can buy? As of yet, I don't personally own any of them, so I hadn't thought much into it. But, seeing that they are available, I thought it could be really cool to actually come up with custom powers of your own for each of them. Has anybody ever thought about this before?
I think this could be a nice way to start another contest!

A contest where people would create custom abilities for the custom zombies and a minor group would pick which ones are the better...

Great idea staypuft...
We messed around with ELECTRIFIED ZOMBIES (black zombies - charred resemblence) for a few games. Basic backstory is a group have retained an electrical charge rather than be destroyed - could be: a lightning strike, a small band trying to break through an electrified fence, some occurrance at the Woodinvale powerstation, etc etc. Whatever you feel appropriate for rationale or mood setter perspective.

Spawn rules:
As per Grave Weapon zombies (ie one electrified zombie per two normal zombies).

Special Rules:
1. On any hit that would normally wound a hero, the hero must roll a die. On a 1 or 2 the hero is immediately killed irrespective of the number of wounds they have incurred.
2. Cards impacting, adding bonuses or cancelling combat rolls have no effect on the death roll above.
3. Electrified Zombies have immunity to electricity. Example is no effect from a card like Jumper Cables or anything electrical based.

The idea was to instill great fear into the heroes. As an old AD&D rpg'er, there was nothing more that would instill fear than something that turned you to stone, instant kill (by poison for example) or something that drained experience levels. The fear factor was very similar to this concept, and added another dimension to the game without dramatically altering rules and mechanics of the game. It definitely alters the Heroes tactics.
this would be an awesome idea for a contest
(08-18-2012 02:06 AM)ForestRunner Wrote: [ -> ]We messed around with ELECTRIFIED ZOMBIES (black zombies - charred resemblence) for a few games. Basic backstory is a group have retained an electrical charge rather than be destroyed - could be: a lightning strike, a small band trying to break through an electrified fence, some occurrance at the Woodinvale powerstation, etc etc. Whatever you feel appropriate for rationale or mood setter perspective.

Spawn rules:
As per Grave Weapon zombies (ie one electrified zombie per two normal zombies).

Special Rules:
1. On any hit that would normally wound a hero, the hero must roll a die. On a 1 or 2 the hero is immediately killed irrespective of the number of wounds they have incurred.
2. Cards impacting, adding bonuses or cancelling combat rolls have no effect on the death roll above.
3. Electrified Zombies have immunity to electricity. Example is no effect from a card like Jumper Cables or anything electrical based.

The idea was to instill great fear into the heroes. As an old AD&D rpg'er, there was nothing more that would instill fear than something that turned you to stone, instant kill (by poison for example) or something that drained experience levels. The fear factor was very similar to this concept, and added another dimension to the game without dramatically altering rules and mechanics of the game. It definitely alters the Heroes tactics.

That definitely sounds really cool! I like that! I especially like that you tied the specific color into it too. They are "electrified" so it was the black zombies, since they'd have a bit of a charred/burnt look from being electrified. That is cool! I like your idea for their power too. I don't think that is too powerful either, because there are some cards with similar effects. Maybe not an instant kill (at least as for the heroes), but not far off.

And I do agree with the others. This does sound like an awesome idea for a contest. Though, there already is one going on at the moment. But perhaps for one in the future.
Reference URL's